Denver meet ups?

I'm in the Denver area and am always up for a listening session. Only problem is that I'm moving to the West Slope at the end of the month. Already tore my system down as I'm moving part of it over this weekend. Anyway - I'll still be in the Denver area fairly often, so .... ????

I'm in the Denver area and am always up for a listening session. Only problem is that I'm moving to the West Slope at the end of the month. Already tore my system down as I'm moving part of it over this weekend. Anyway - I'll still be in the Denver area fairly often, so .... ????

That sounds good. I'm sure we can casually come up with some time to have a listening sesh. I'll PM you.

I am also interested in a gathering. My gear has significantly changed over the past 4 years since I met with the group last...

The Denver gatherings of old would produce 20-30 people with tons of swap bait. I only went to one, it was catered by an AK'er who was an executive chef, and was held at a guys house who had the best sound system I'd ever heard (it was monumental).

I'm about an hour north but come to Denver somewhat often - usually for concerts or to pick up stereo equipment . Wouldn't mind meeting some other AK'ers and experiencing other systems, I could pack up some of my gear for a short trip

Hard to understand what's happened to the old bunch - mostly. Our "executive chef" (George) has moved to Phoenix. The guy with "the best sound system" was likely juniorJBL, who hasn't been heard from for a while. I see some of the gang every year at Vintage Voltage, and I'd be up for a meetup though it certainly won't be at my digs (a condo with limited non-resident parking).

Besides, none of my three systems are worthy enough.:(

Last edited:
Ditto, in Denver, near Sloans lake. Up for a meetup, I used to partake with the Colorado Audio Society, but has been a few years...My current system is in "flux" shall we say.

This long thread, dating back almost ten years (with frequent updates) is how it's worked in the past. Worth a read (with pictures!)

I guess I never noticed Jcricket had christened it Denverfest.:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom