What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Trying to pay for nothing but gas and be on my way while waiting for some lollygagger spends ten minutes processing their lottery tickets and deciding which 5 scratchies they want this time. Yeah they have the clerk pull the tray allllll the way out so they can grab the back ticket. Like that's the big winner_:no:. There should be either a separate line for gamblers or they are served second to gas only customers.

Trying to pay for nothing but gas and be on my way while waiting for some lollygagger spends ten minutes processing their lottery tickets and deciding which 5 scratchies they want this time. Yeah they have the clerk pull the tray allllll the way out so they can grab the back ticket. Like that's the big winner_:no:. There should be either a separate line for gamblers or they are served second to gas only customers.
This is why I never go inside anymore. I just plug my credit card into the machine, pump my gas and go.

This is why I never go inside anymore. I just plug my credit card into the machine, pump my gas and go.

Went to 3 stations trying to get air in my old truck while visiting my family which now owns it (but it sits a lot and is not maintained). The cheap gas station I used to go to out there changed its name and no longer has free air. Decided to check some other local stations for free air because it bugs me to pay for air.

First station: Had a pay air pump, broken.
Second station: Had two pay pumps, credit card only, turned off, no worky.
Third station: Pay pump, turned on, would take quarters ($1.50) or credit card ($1.75).

I had 4 quarters. Dammit. Go inside and stand in line behind THREE people to get change for a dollar. Because I gotta stick it to the credit card man.

Considering the level of aggravation and time invested, plus the buck and a half, a $99 air compressor from Harbor Freight is starting to look pretty good for their house. Hell I'd just like to have it for when I visit. :idea:

Those small dick fuc*ers who use spiked lug nuts or covers for them. I had one park next to me today (and I've had them pass me on the highway).

It always makes me wonder if they don't already have enough issues with people suing them that they decide to add that.

Surely that is illegal! That would be put off the road here.

People eating when I am smoking!

And that is the difference between countries where driving is considered a privilege and where it is treated as a right.

This has probably already been brought up, but I really dislike it when people argue about audio cables. In my estimation we all have different ears and different levels of aural acuity. I think mine are pretty good - don't we all? But the ear brain system is like the eye brain system - with widely varying capabilities across the population. Eyes, well - if I took a ride in an airplane with a fighter pilot and he told me there was a bogie a 11 o'clock 20 miles out - I'd probably tell him he's nuts based on what I can see. But .... the reason he or she is a fighter pilot (and still alive) is because their eye/brain system can sort out all kinds of things that mine can't. So, what's the point .... if someone tells me that they hear some difference - who am I to say that they can't . Just because one person hears something another doesn't hear - doesn't mean that one didn't hear it, but it does mean that the other didn't hear it. Make sense? I know all of the blind testing stuff, but ... I think we need to let people express what they hear and enjoy their hobby - right?

I'm going to hate myself later for responding since it really doesn't fit here (feel free to delete this) but:

if I took a ride in an airplane with a fighter pilot and he told me there was a bogie a 11 o'clock 20 miles out - I'd probably tell him he's nuts based on what I can see. But .... the reason he or she is a fighter pilot (and still alive) is because their eye/brain system can sort out all kinds of things that mine can't.

Except what happens when the radar and satellite imagery also show that nothing is out there? Do we dismiss those and just go with what they are saying they see? And what if we then go "lets fly in that direction and see what it is" and they respond with "I know something is there and I don't want to waste my time going that direction to prove it"

Everyone wants to be an audio fighter pilot and that likely just adds to the desire to hear a difference with changes.

. I think we need to let people express what they hear and enjoy their hobby - right?

I'm all for not raining on people's parades but there are a lot of influencers (I hate that term) that are running with the "wow, big changes with this" pitches. And even everyday people on forums are easily convincing the new people to spend their money in ridiculous places in their systems. If you buy a cable and love it I'm great with that. If you start a thread telling everyone how much of a game changer it is I think it is only fair for people to jump in with other opinions.

I see the same commercial for Carvana all the time. "You can buy your next car while binge-watching your favorite program." Hello, you're spending thousands of dollars. Can't you muster the self-control to turn off the television and pay attention?

I see the same commercial for Carvana all the time. "You can buy your next car while binge-watching your favorite program." Hello, you're spending thousands of dollars. Can't you muster the self-control to turn off the television and pay attention?
Is that the one that says "relax in your puffy pants"? ****, I hate that. What does it even mean?

At my firm there’s a compulsion to make a video for EVERTHING. I don’t have the patience to listen to some knucklehead drone on for 10 minutes or more about a new HR “initiative” to placate Millennials. Can’t people read anymore?

I’m done. LOL

All.
All.
All Chevy "focus group" ads.

The guy with the goatee and an iPad. The focus group of people easily impressed by absurdly large set pieces who don't possess an ounce of context or comparative knowledge about the thing they're being asked about. The abundance of awards and accolades named that none of those people have ever heard of before, and again, provided without context. The cheap shots taken at rival brands. The amazing things that happen that in no way reflect on the car ("Surprise! It's your mom in a Traverse!"). Their cherry-picked statements edited together to make them sound like even bigger overly impressed rubes.

No dude, that Malibu does not look like a Lexus.

So yeah, I despise those commercials. They're annoying at best, deceiving at worst.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Well, here we are now at the newest stupid installment. The alligator dangers of driving. But wait! Chevy has solved your nightmare scenario with the overview cam.

Wow.

Spray bottles that stop working.

What is up with that? One week they work, the next you go sore and numb pumping the spray lever and....nothin'.

argh...:mad:

I hate those spray bottles. A lot of times they just require priming - they get airlocked. Hold it nozzle-up under running water and pump it a few times. It will suck water into the outlet, prime itself, and start pumping in the right direction. Usually anyway.

Back
Top Bottom