What album have you owned the most times in any form?

Definitely Dark Side of The Moon.

Probably four on vinyl, one cassette, four or five standard CDs and another three special editions.

And it's not even my favorite Pink Floyd album. Definitely up there. Probably my #2 but it's no Wish You Were Here.

;)

For a couple left field choices, Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Towards Ecstasy and Enigma's MCMXC ad.

At least six of each. Maybe closer to eight. All CDs for the Enigma. One cassette for the Sarah McLachlan.

We kept getting my girlfriend/wife's friends into them and the CDs kept disappearing.

:p

Another vote for DSOTM. Original vinyl. Mo-Fi vinyl, Basic Cd when it first came out, Mo-Fi CD, and, finally, the 5.1 SACD. Yeah, they got their moneys worth out of me.

As an aside, I recall that in the 90's, every time I turned around they were issuing another latest/greatest remastered version of albums they had released, and re-released several times over. Methinks they made at least as much money off their reissues than they did on their original releases.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/old-news/old-news-2007/great-pink-floyd-re-re-re-re-release-rip-off/

PF`s DSOTM:, both original & MFSL release album, 8tk, cassette, R t R, CD, both original, SACD, MFSL, & several different Box sets + the DVD on the making of DSOTM.

Same as above, less the box set/DVD, for the Who`s Next.

The Avengers are one of my favorite bands. The original compilation was to be issued on Go! Records, but this didn't happen and it wound up being released on CD Presents Records in 1983. There was a vinyl release on both black vinyl and red vinyl. I have regular copies, open in shrink copies and still sealed copies (with and without hype stickers) of both colors. There was also a cassette release with both paper labels and printed on cassette versions. It was reissued in 1989 on vinyl in multiple colors, on cassette and on CD. There was also an extremely limited amount of 200 vinyl copies issued in original Go! Records jackets that had survived (I have 4 copies). When it comes to vinyl of both the original 1983 issue and the 1989 reissue, as I said, I have regular, everyday copies, I have copies in open shrink, I have sealed copies, I have copies with hype stickers. I have copies of all colors. Cassette-wise, it's the same. I have 1983 originals (both paper label and printed on cassette) and 1989 reissues (sealed and unsealed). CD-wise I have original 1989 issue sealed and unsealed, including an unopened plastic longbox, and various reissues on other labels. It's a bit obsessive, but I enjoy it.

Last edited:
I guess WHFS turned you on to them??? Me too.

HFS was probably the reason I saw them as they influenced my taste in music to a large degree, but I had never heard of them when I saw them first. They opened for a band @ The Bayou. Two opening sets, to boot!

Ah - has to be Beatles White Album:
4 numbered vinyl
Vinyl - blue box
Vinyl - latest stereo box
Cassette
8-Track
RTR (7.5 IPS - 2 tapes)
2 CD box set

HFS was probably the reason I saw them as they influenced my taste in music to a large degree, but I had never heard of them when I saw them first. They opened for a band @ The Bayou. Two opening sets, to boot!
Being a BIG HFS fanboy (3 time winner of Radio Activity) I still play E Jam and nobody ever said it was gonna be easy. I have 3 of their LP's.

Yes 90125 once on cassette and three times on CD.

If the copy I currently have skips or comes up missing, I will by a new copy to replace it.

My CD collection will never be without a good copy of 90125 in fact, the next time I'm at a CD store, I will buy it again just to have a backup and I will get it on vinyl.

Thanks for the thread, reminded me to order this...
R-10168494-1492795050-1903.jpeg.jpg

10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged. Cassette, CD, VHS. I love this album so much and at $1-2 a pop I have to scoop up every copy I can when I see it in the wild. I'm going to corner the market, this CD will be RARE in the future.

The records I can't seem to top buying include:
The Monkees "Head"
"The Crazy World of Arthur Brown"
Procol Harum "Shine On Brightly"
Frank Zappa "We're Only In It For The Money"
and Ten Years After " A Space In Time".

Back
Top Bottom