Pics of your listening space

Thank you Jeff!

The subwoofer isolation stands actually do quite well, and the subs sound good in those locations. I haven't had any issues with them being that close to the rack, even while using the turntable. Funny thing is, Paul McGowan of PS Audio asked me the same question for the same reason. LOL

I might do some experimenting with it but I have my system so dialed in now, I don't want to move them.
I am going to order some Pyle pads from Amazon, they seem to do the trick for isolation and reducing vibrations. And GREAT minds think alike, I should go to work for PS Audio! They are just right up the road from me. I like Paul, his videos are awesome! Did he pm you or respond on this forum or another forum?

A few weeks ago after removing our giant Christmas tree there was some dead space in the livingroom. One day while my wife was running some errands I put up this little setup. I've had these Missions for some time now but rarely had a chance to use them. That's all changed now. This is perpendicular to my primary system with DCM speakers.

View attachment 1406357 View attachment 1406359

How do the Missions sound compared to the DCMs?

Have thought about acquiring used Missions before...

To my ears, Missions are opposite of DCMs. DCMs are smooth and just very easy to listen to ( non-fatiguing ). Mission tweeters ( VIFA I believe ) are borderline harsh to me. Sound is precise, punchy, and bass is tight , but borderline everything is too precise if that makes sense. I was told you have to like the " British sound " to appreciate the Missions, maybe you can tell me what that means since you are from UK :beerchug:. I think you have to pair it with a powerful but neutral sounding amp. Having said that it's growing on me and I'm appreciating it more and more each day. Mission recommends having them close to walls without any toe-in.

I might do some experimenting with it but I have my system so dialed in now, I don't want to move them.
I am going to order some Pyle pads from Amazon, they seem to do the trick for isolation and reducing vibrations. And GREAT minds think alike, I should go to work for PS Audio! They are just right up the road from me. I like Paul, his videos are awesome! Did he pm you or respond on this forum or another forum?

I would go work for PS Audio in a heartbeat. Paul is an awesome person as far as I'm concerned. Friendly and down to earth. He hasn't PM'ed me yet, but has commented on several of my photos and asked a few questions about my system and such. All on the PS Audio site/forum.

p3287745632-5.jpg

I would go work for PS Audio in a heartbeat. Paul is an awesome person as far as I'm concerned. Friendly and down to earth. He hasn't PM'ed me yet, but has commented on several of my photos and asked a few questions about my system and such. All on the PS Audio site/forum.

I am going to ask for a tour. He seems like a real likeable guy.

20190210_132143.jpg
20190210_155731.jpg

Hey AK gang, here's my first photo post. I'm 33 and love gear from circa 1990, when the black face stuff was still metal. This is where I jam out, play PS1, PS2 and DC. There's a second TV set-up to the right for SNES, N64 & Wii.

Gear: Adcom GFA-545II, Sony GX80ES as a tuner & preamp, Marantz DV-6001 for cds, Denon DN 780R dual cassette deck running through an ADC Sound Sharper Thirty. Power comes through Furman M-8Dx. Cables are Blue Jean brand running to Klipsch RP-280F speakers. All other cables are KableDirect. No turntable back here yet, although we are using on up front in the main stereo/HT. TV is a 27" Panasonic I purchased new in 2001.

The Nintendo rig: Sony STR-AV1020(black plastic I know, but it does feature a spectrum analyzer not to mention has sweet 80/90s aesthetics.) , Pioneer HPM500 speakers, Pioneer Elite DV-47A, 1994 Sony Trinitron 20".

All furniture is hand-me-down except my chair which I picked up from lowes for cheap back when I had a bachelor pad. Overall, I couldn't be happier. This is a place I can relax and simply disconnect from reality for a bit.

View attachment 1416657
View attachment 1416670

Hey AK gang, here's my first photo post. I'm 33 and love gear from circa 1990, when the black face stuff was still metal. This is where I jam out, play PS1, PS2 and DC. There's a second TV set-up to the right for SNES, N64 & Wii.

Gear: Adcom GFA-545II, Sony GX80ES as a tuner & preamp, Marantz DV-6001 for cds, Denon DN 780R dual cassette deck running through an ADC Sound Sharper Thirty. Power comes through Furman M-8Dx. Cables are Blue Jean brand running to Klipsch RP-280F speakers. All other cables are KableDirect. No turntable back here yet, although we are using on up front in the main stereo/HT. TV is a 27" Panasonic I purchased new in 2001.

The Nintendo rig: Sony STR-AV1020(black plastic I know, but it does feature a spectrum analyzer not to mention has sweet 80/90s aesthetics.) , Pioneer HPM500 speakers, Pioneer Elite DV-47A, 1994 Sony Trinitron 20".

All furniture is hand-me-down except my chair which I picked up from lowes for cheap back when I had a bachelor pad. Overall, I couldn't be happier. This is a place I can relax and simply disconnect from reality for a bit.

Looks great to me. I'll bet those Klipsch sound great.

I thought I wanted all silver face gear, but I ended up getting a great deal on Parasound pre & amp, then I got the Denon table, and then the Sansui tuner. Next thing you know I have a rack full of black gear!

I realize the temps in the Bay Area are rather moderate but am curious if temperature extremes ever impact your equipment. Thanks

Not to be too sarcastic, but all of my systems are inside our house where we have heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. So no, my equipment never even comes close to being affected by the temperature extremes we experience in Iowa in the winter or in the summer.

Even on hot summer days when we choose not to run our AC and it gets up to the 90s inside, this is still well within the range of safe operating temperatures of modern electronics. Under these "extreme" conditions I still operate my hi-fi systems, and indeed all of our electronics and appliances, without worry.

About the only thing I've ever noticed is that tonearm cueing functions slower when it is a little cooler inside.

What specifically were you curious about?

View attachment 1416657
View attachment 1416670

Welcome to the AK community!

View attachment 1416657
View attachment 1416670

Is that a Sega Deamcast I see in your system too? I like. :)

Back
Top Bottom