What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

5'1", stretch-pants wearing, soccer moms driving Expeditions or Suburbans are one of the most dangerous beings on the road, next to the texting teenager.

It's scary. Everyone is focused on their phone. I used to like to drive small gas sipping cars, but I feel like I need to drive a tank now for safety reasons.
By the way, I have a car that has been rear-ended TWICE by texting teenagers. Once while sitting at a stop light, and once while parked in the street in front of my house.

Last edited:
People taking the battery covers off my remotes to steal the batteries and not putting the cover back on, cover turns up missing, and I have to use tape to hold batteries in.

I'm never sure how much the winter temps affect the little varmints. I suppose it also has to do with the conditions the previous year, as well as the growing conditions in the current year. Especially for chiggers and ticks. :idea: There are definitely better and worse years.

Chiggers, Ticks and Mosquitos. They're coming soon.
I get some mosquitos and lots of flies here in Summer. Last weekend I was up in the attic to fix something, and I saw about a dozen house and horse flies on the wall around the attic vent. Those buggers were hanging there waiting for Spring to start their population explosion. They did not seem to move much so I tried the hammer on them. I was able to nail them about 9 out 10 times. In Summer I don't get that even with a fly swatter.

New peeve: It is irritating when the cut lines on 2 plies TP do not line up together. The recent one was offset by a 3rd of a sheet. Every so often a new roll starts that way and will line up further into the roll. Such a simple thing and still screw up with all our technology.

We had one the other the other day on the main; 100km/60mph, clocked at 246km/147.5 mph. A 19 year old with three of his buds out for a spin. At this speed in a conventional car, it not only spins...it flies.

My peeve? Those three other lives if lost, or some other poor souls who might get involved.

Q

Last edited:
The Austin Powers "Mini-Me" syndrome that has appeared in commercials around here.

Bob's Furniture:

Dan O'Brien Kia:

These ads kind of creep me out. I wake up in a cold sweat with little O'Brien jumping up and down on my chest.

Last edited:
So, I'm listening to NPR this morning, and as always, the announcer says

"Today, expect a high of 80 degrees."

I worked in radio as a DJ for 12 years. One of the cardinal sins back then was to state "Degrees". I mean, hell, OF COURSE it is degrees. What else would it be? Kelvins? Ohms? Yards?

:D

So, with this very lighthearted thread, let us all blow off a little frustration, perhaps have a few laughs, and share some of the things that make us itch in impossible to scratch locations.

One of my all time pet peeves.

Me to young waitress/cashier/etc - "Thank you!"

reply from young waitress/cashier/etc - "No problem."

When did this become the standard reply? What happened to "You're welcome." The implication was "Hey, I was busy, you interrupted me, but it's "no problem".

I'm 41 years old, going on 100. :D

Anything goes, but please, no political or other things the forum rules do not allow.

Maybe you can answer this question for me.

You know how with a green light and your making a left turn from the turn lane with a flashing yellow arrow. In Illinois where I'm from originally almost everyone pulls into the intersection so their ready to make their turn but here in Kentucky at least where I live more than half stay behind the white line and consequently they have to wait for a larger opening in traffic to make the turn which means less people can now turn and causes traffic to back up. Just wondering if it was something that was taught or just a Kentucky habit that proves frustrating at least for me. That's my peeve.

Last edited:
Maybe you can answer this question for me.

You know how with a green light and your making a left turn from the turn lane with a flashing yellow arrow. In Illinois where I'm from originally almost everyone pulls into the intersection so their ready to make their turn but here in Kentucky at least where I live more than half stay behind the white line and consequently they have to wait for a larger opening in traffic to make the turn which means less people can now turn and causes traffic to back up. Just wondering if it was something that was taught or just a Kentucky habit that proves frustrating at least for me. That's my peeve.

If I understand you, you're actually pulling into the intersection, without the ability to make the turn??

Yeah, with runaway semis, coal trucks, logging trucks, we tend not to do that. Only a guess, heck, who knows?

Be safe out there, whatever you do. I just wish more people would -

A) use their turning signal BEFORE they turn, or at least use it, period.
B) realize that left lane on a 4 lane limited access highway is the PASSING lane, not a lane you can just claim as your own, and most importantly,
C) PUT THE DAMN CELLPHONE DOWN!!

I think you misunderstood or I explained it badly. No biggie. Time for the next peeve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom