Todays METAL playlist

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Ah shit, I'm on a Crue fix.......I really think this is the best Crue album they released. Theatre is just pure crap, Girls had maybe 3 good songs on it, and Feelgood 3, maybe 4 good songs, and that's where they ended, IMO.

Shout is just raw, early 80's rock, which was really beyond anything we had going on in the UK at the time, from an old memory.

This album just never gets old, or embarrassing to listen to.

Qiz7kxK.jpg

The debut albums of Yngwie and Keel. A nice raw debut from both concerned, with Yngwie already showing what he would become later on. Hot on your heels is outstanding, and pure Yngwie!

Ron Keel went on to almost keep the sound and feel of Steeler, whereas Malmsteen went a totally different direction.

A real decent early 80's listen, and so glad I bought this way back when!

VcjJHkk.jpg

IMO THE best Sabbath album ever. There's not a naff song to be heard anywhere! And a real precursor intro to what DIO's solo career would sound like.

OfxIsbK.jpg

A true classic!
I almost agree with you. For me Mob Rules is the best, with Masters, HandH and SBS following close behind. Keep Dio alive!

I almost agree with you. For me Mob Rules is the best, with Masters, HandH and SBS following close behind. Keep Dio alive!

Apart from Paranoid, my first real exposure to Sabbath was H&H, with Neon Knights being the first track I heard.

My uncle who got me into rock and metal was a big Rainbow fan, so when H&H was released it was played to death, and as a 10 year old, I was a pure sponge.

Dio, and this album have always stuck with me. I admit that I have never really listened to much of pre-H&H Sabbath apart from the truly well known tracks.

Anyway, keeping DIO alive, it's time for Holy Diver. Sure, some Sabbath inspired tracks, but the guitar work is a lot more rock focused, and of course the keyboards lighten things a little.

Such a great 'debut' album, and another that never sounds old.

wrlnHSD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom