Votes: 252 53.8%
  • MS/PhD

Votes: 103 22.0%
  • Other Advanced Degree

Votes: 50 10.7%

• Total voters
MA English Lit
BA Music

I was a high school English teach for 26 years--retired in 2016. Before that I was an audio engineer. My music degree helped me to read scores for editing purposes, so it was a useful career choice even though I didn't end up teaching music. I have a credential in it, too, so if an appealing part-time music teaching job opens near me, I'm set! (I can't teach more than a 40% position [2 classes] without affecting my teacher's pension.)

After high school, I attended the University of MCRD San Diego for 13 weeks and then served in the Marine Corps for almost 12 years. Waited a while to return back to school and complete my degree, but finally earned it last year from the University of Phoenix (thanks to the Post 9/11 GI Bill).

I received my BS in Business with a concentration in Human Resource Management in May 2017.

Last edited:
Officialy 12th grade public schools educvation , unofficialy 3rd grade reading and writting skills, probably 8th grade mastery of simple math. Was far ahead of teachers in history at any grade level...
Found my skill set was highly advantageous to the Corps, did my time, , tried college
I hated college worse than high school , ...found myself surrounded by people I thought was sworn to kill, quit school...
Today live in Hicksville USA around people I can relate with...

BS in Microbiology 1975
MS in Microbiology 1978
+1 year chasing a post hole digger (PhD)

The +1 year taught me a lot... the first thing being that I found out that I wouldn't/couldn't obtain a PhD. The second thing is that having +1 beyond a MS helped my "employment chances" throughout the rest of my career.

For y'all with PhD's ... I have to take my hat off to you. Obtaining that terminal degree is truly indeed a lifetime achievement. Congrats.

AA in Aircraft Maintenance Technology
AA in Instructor of Aircraft Maintenance Technology
PHD in USAF School of real world experience in international affairs...Retired now.
Working on Masters in real world Railroad maintenance at this time.

I look at lots of folks education on here and I feel stupid!

A BA in history, an Associates in Electronics. To borrow a phrase from Randy Newman...... Went in dumb, come out dumb too.

HS— Regents
AS— Popular Music Performance
BS— Music History
MS— World Music & Culture (Ethnomusicology)

GJ

Finished 9th grade, went to high school for 2 weeks and dropped out. Took some computer and general education courses at the local community college but never graduated. Did carry a 4.0 while there. Completed tech school in electronics

Have done far better in life than I deserve based on that. Thankfully the job I currently have was obtained through an all day testing event. Started out with about 40 of us, at the end of the day it was just another guy and me looking at each other with a "WTF just happened?" look on our faces.

I recently received a MA. in Jazz history after many years of work experience in IT and marketing research. I am taking a semester off and work on a PhD. I'M retired and have all the time I need.

BA - Music Performance

Performance Certificate in Bass

MA - Gifted Education

PhD - Cognition and Learning

BS in Accounting & Business Admin ( Dual Major ), Computer Science Minor.

Numerous Industry Certifications in Network Engineering & Programming.

Mark Gosdin

Back
Top Bottom