Lil help Yamaha cdx-910

just dave

vintage rules!
I've got a Yamaha cdx-910 an the laser is bad.I went on ebay to get a new one and the guy sent me the one on the left,the one on the right is from the cd player,obviously the wrong one.He said that that was the correct one but then he saw the pics.So I sent it back and he said he would try to find a match,that was about 2 ago and no word.
Does anyone know of a good place to get replacement lasers?
IMG_2385.JPG

If I was attempting a laser block swap I'd want the service manual, and I'd take pictures of the CD player showing how the laser block is installed, and determine how it should be removed and replaced by the new part.
These parts look exactly the same,can't see any difference.Is it possible that this piece doesn't have a protective solder joint. It says,"When the laser head is shipped from the factory, in order to prevent electromagnetic interference, it is generally provided with a protective solder joint " Generally not always.

These parts look exactly the same,can't see any difference.Is it possible that this piece doesn't have a protective solder joint. It says,"When the laser head is shipped from the factory, in order to prevent electromagnetic interference, it is generally provided with a protective solder joint " Generally not always.
Install it and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom