Jazz Fusion Playlist

View attachment 1413864
Found this one in the stash and will admit this is my first listen and I think I like it!

Dinosaur is a great song! That's an EP of misc KC tunes highlighting the music from the "Thrak" album with the double trio formation with 2 songs. Thrak is a must have album for any Crimhead. Unfortunately they only released it on CD and Cassette but it's a great sounding disc nonetheless. I saw them when they toured with that album twice in 1995.

Bonafide Crimson Fanatic Here . . . :beatnik:

Crimson-Bismark-95.jpg

Crimson-Rosemont-95.jpg

Dinosaur is a great song! That's an EP of misc KC tunes highlighting the music from the "Thrak" album with the double trio formation with 2 songs. Thrak is a must have album for any Crimhead. Unfortunately they only released it on CD and Cassette but it's a great sounding disc nonetheless. I saw them when they toured with that album twice in 1995.

Crimson-Bismark-95.jpg

Crimson-Rosemont-95.jpg
I saw them in May of that year at Massey Hall - small venue

Bob,

If my memory serves me, the show started with 3 Berkley students sitting on the edge of the stage playing classical guitars. Yes it was a great show! Was it California Guitar Trio that opened?

Rick

From yesterday’s Amoeba visit. They’re moving to a new, yet still Hollywood, location in the fall. I have to try to get up there at least once more. It will take decades, if ever, to acquire that epic level of record store funk patina and I’m hitting 63 Monday.

This was the only new one. Didn’t want to spend $32, but I’ve been waiting long enough. Had to have it. McLaughlin is getting down and nasty, time to go.
E85CB838-1B6F-435E-8D0B-9388EDC2B9DD.jpeg

I think of Earthworks as Fusion. KC I file solidly in Prog (however, one of my favorite local Fusion groups, Gamalon, used to do mean versions of “Red” and “Larks Tongues...”).

GJ

I think of Earthworks as Fusion. KC I file solidly in Prog (however, one of my favorite local Fusion groups, Gamalon, used to do mean versions of “Red” and “Larks Tongues...”).

GJ
You are correct GJ, wrong forum for KC. It gets kinda blurry for me at times I tend to have all my fusion and prog stuff in the same pile.

Hi Jim! :beerchug:

Some searing fusion for sure, not really familiar with Graydon but yeah Tommy & Lee!! Great album!
Jay was and may still be a great session player.One of the more unsung hero’s!

Race With Devil on Spanish Highway - If played in the car can cause a speeding ticket lol

View attachment 1413839
No doubt!

Crimson-Bismark-95.jpg

Crimson-Rosemont-95.jpg
One of my biggest regrets. KC has always been my all time favorite “rock” band. Never got to see them live.
The closest I ever got was seeing Bruford with Holdsworth. Great show, but not King Crimson.
So many late and great players passed through the KC lineup over time. Robert Fripp is a master of the instrument.

Saw Cobham with the original Mahavishnu lineup. For me the best part of this album was Tommy. He was at his peak here. Was given the opportunity to shine with the best and sadly his flame was extinguished shortly thereafter. A victim of “too much, too fast, too soon”.

I’ve always been a fan of Al!!

Wow! I’ve never heard this, but man, there’s three killer guitar players on there, Tommy being one of my all time favs! Oh, and Lee! OH! And Jay!!!!!!

Definitely one of Alphonse's finest solo cds, with some stellar guitar playing, sometime after about 1977, he seemed to be content to forge into the smooth jazz/funk idiom, some better than others, but the first 3-4 lps had some solid fusion songs going for them.

Back
Top Bottom