Wide Wide World of Sports ABC

qdrone

Music is my mistress
I always looked forward to this on weekends when I was a kid. They had some off beat coverage of sports that were not mainstream like Acapulco Cliff Diving,pool,boat racing,air plane racing,curling,arm wrestling and so many others.
The thrill of victory
and the agony of defeat.
Anyone else look forward to it like I did?

I always looked forward to this on weekends when I was a kid. They had some off beat coverage of sports that were not mainstream like Acapulco Cliff Diving,pool,boat racing,air plane racing,curling,arm wrestling and so many others.
The thrill of victory
and the agony of defeat.

Sometimes the thrill of victory brought agony to de-feet lol.

Yeah, they tried to get McKay to do one of their other sport shows, Championship Dwarf Tossing, later in his career, but he didn't bite ...

Anybody remember this? Lasted all of six weeks before getting canned ...

Last edited:
The thrill of victory
and the agony of defeat.

We watched it regularly in The Sixities into the mid Seventies, sorta lost contact with, if not interest in, the program starting @ around 1978. We were always most interested on those (seemingly rare) occasions when WWOS aired (olympic style) international weightlifting competitions, emphasis on international, 'cuz w/out The Soviets and Bulgarians, the competitions were (far) less involving.

Could not wait for Saturday evening. It was my turn for the tv over 4 sisters. Always like the skiing and bobsled/luge coverage among many others. The ski jumping was always a highlight too. I also remember the demolition derbies, fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom