What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

one has to respect "Capitalism" via e-bay LOL . The cassette info I previously posted included a california company called Delta Media. There are cats who buy directly from delta (like I do) and then "re-sell" (like I don't!) on e-bay for an inflated price. The seller doesn't state it, but these are definitely delta media tapes that are chrome II (however, delta confirmed to me that this batch is made in china and is not the BASF) . The add shows that 4 lots are still available with 5 lots being sold. Those 5 buyers could have gone directly to delta media but probably have not fully researched before buying..............buyer beware!
upload_2019-2-11_15-50-51.png

p01bqj4q.jpg

It's always amazed me that the guitar he found behind the waterfall was still nearly in tune after however long. I wish I learned as quickly as he did.
Of my 6 electric guitars. The prized 1979 Ibanez Musician MC-500 DS with original hard case is going down in the ground with me. A metal case within another casket case, how fitting. The will also states to include 5 sets of strings just in case I am dug up many years down the road and some one finds it .......................... What can this strange device be.................. (the one sitting smack in the middle LOL

ibanez.jpg

Of my 6 electric guitars. The prized 1979 Ibanez Musician MC-500 DS with original hard case is going down in the ground with me. A metal case within another casket case, how fitting. The will also states to include 5 sets of strings just in case I am dug up many years down the road and some one finds it .......................... What can this strange device be.................. (the one sitting smack in the middle LOL

View attachment 1417029
Wow...you really like your Artists. My friend Ken that worked at Guitar Center with me in 2010-2011 had one. I bought one of the reissues in about 2003 but didn't keep it long. It played well but the pickups were pretty un-amazing.

Wow...you really like your Artists. My friend Ken that worked at Guitar Center with me in 2010-2011 had one. I bought one of the reissues in about 2003 but didn't keep it long. It played well but the pickups were pretty un-amazing.
Yes, the 3 in the middle are Musician Series (the real deal from 78/79) they are flanked by 2 Artists. The one on the left is a 2013 Artist 320 which was "made in China" . However, the one on the right is "the real deal" as it is a 2017 Prestige Artist Series 2619. The Prestige are made in the Japanese factory that the Musicians were manufactured. It is "quite a few pounds" heavier than the China Made version. One can tell just picking the 2 up which one is the quality built LOL . The Prestige version has the original design "Flying Fingers" Pick ups from the 70's and they are pretty amazing. I stack it against any Les Paul. The 3 Musicians have the original Seymour Duncan pick ups. Some of the first guitars to use his pick ups when he was still relatively unknown.

I bought the Ibanez MC-200 (natural wood body with dark stained headstock) via e-bay from a Vintage Guitar Shop in Washington State. I got searching for the MC-200 after receiving it just for information. I came across a vintage guitar shop in California that was featuring a MC-200 for their daily youtube videos. As I watched this video, I realized it was the exact guitar I had just bought from the shop in Washington. I have no idea how this exchange happened before my purchase. But my guitar is up in lights via this california shop's video. Tickled me to death when I realized it. I could tell when I saw the case and it had the exact markings as the case I just received. Plus I could tell what he was playing was now the guitar in my possession, small darn world!The other MC-200 on the left (see above posted pic) has a natural headstock. Ibanez changed it to dark stain in April. The one on the left was made in March 1978 (hence the natural ) and the one featured in this video was made in september 1978 (hence the dark stain headstock)

Last edited:
Sorry no music but this one is for Lou @Dusty Ol'Man . This is surely how good karma works. Headed off to the post office to mail Lou a package. Swung by the record store. Brought home 2 Blue Note samplers for $.50 each. One of the owners tells me a customer picked up a pair of KLH 6's from Goodwill last week. So what the heck I swing by GW on the way home.
IMG_0001.JPG
This Sherwood RX 4105 is there. Marked $15.00 so I take it up to the counter and ask if they have some speaker wire so I can test it(no returns). The cashier who knows me says nope. I then mentioned I would take a chance on it if it was 5 bucks. So She says how about $5.99? I said sold.
Got her home and all channels work with fm. Included was a bag with a remote 4 sets of Rca cables, FM antenna,AM antenna and a unopened rca Y to mini plug also. Also a HDMI cable. Looks like the Sherwood remote might go to a DVD player. We'll see. I used to own one of these and gifted it to my brother. Good unit with phono but hates anything under 8 ohms.......not a scratch on it. Thanks Lou!!!!IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG 2nd to last pic is before a good dusting.Last is fired up IMG_0006.JPG

Back
Top Bottom