Today's JAZZ playlist

lirv02F.png

R-2494379-1494187653-2901.jpeg.jpg
R-2494379-1494187668-9089.mpo.jpg

Oscar Peterson & Milt Jackson / Two Of The Few
1983 Pablo

Tomorrow we're supposed to get 4"-7" of snow. Probably be spinning again!

Washed some classic jazz albums today. Used the "Studebaker" for the rinse cycle. I can hear a much blacker background with this first album I'm playing now! Definitely need two separate washing cleaners! Spin Clean + Studebaker = VERY clean albums!!

R-2494379-1494187653-2901.jpeg.jpg
R-2494379-1494187668-9089.mpo.jpg

Oscar Peterson & Milt Jackson / Two Of The Few
1983 Pablo

Tomorrow we're supposed to get 4"-7" of snow. Probably be spinning again!

Washed some classic jazz albums today. Used the "Studebaker" for the rinse cycle. I can hear a much blacker background with this first album I'm playing now! Definitely need two separate washing cleaners! Spin Clean + Studebaker = VERY clean albums!!
Great record. I cleaned records Saturday. I hadn’t heard of the Studebaker. I use a DIY RCM I call the “Suck-O-Matic”.

OK gents, it's Noon HST, and I'm finally sitting down after a busy morning.

Amazon says my new Tube amp shipped, so it will be here by Friday. Yay. I'm thinking of getting Polk T-50s to pair with it. The T-50s are 6 ohm nominal so I get a few extra watts per channel, but for the price ($89 each) they are amazing speakers for the price.

I also ordered a new turntable for the amp. I can't do TOP SHELF in Hawaii. The climate eats electronics. So I'm getting a Pioneer PL-990 that BestBuy has on sale for $119.

So the entire tube system will be;

Amp - $159
Speakers $180 (pair)
Turntable $119

Not bad.

71LBVwXruRL._SL1500_.jpg

71qB86FBDQL._SY355_.jpg
81kVAD4QV7L._SL1500_.jpg

Great record. I cleaned records Saturday. I hadn’t heard of the Studebaker. I use a DIY RCM I call the “Suck-O-Matic”.

Here you go. Billy was talking about this a while back. Was the first time today that I used it. Had some extra "Spin Clean" brushes that I used in the Studebaker, they do fit along with Spin Clean rollers too! The Spin Clean brushes are much better, but for $29 with free shipping it's a deal! Works great as the rinse cycle!

https://www.amazon.com/Record-Cleaning-System-Solution-Included/dp/B01GOOAEVK

OK gents, it's Noon HST, and I'm finally sitting down after a busy morning.

Amazon says my new Tube amp shipped, so it will be here by Friday. Yay. I'm thinking of getting Polk T-50s to pair with it. The T-50s are 6 ohm nominal so I get a few extra watts per channel, but for the price ($89 each) they are amazing speakers for the price.

I also ordered a new turntable for the amp. I can't do TOP SHELF in Hawaii. The climate eats electronics. So I'm getting a Pioneer PL-990 that BestBuy has on sale for $119.

So the entire tube system will be;

Amp - $159
Speakers $180 (pair)
Turntable $119

Not bad.

71LBVwXruRL._SL1500_.jpg

71qB86FBDQL._SY355_.jpg
81kVAD4QV7L._SL1500_.jpg

Billy, that's a really cool amp! I must say that you need to return the turntable and get a "U-Turn" turntable instead! It's a bit more but worth it! With the U-Turn and the rest of your setup, should sound much better!

https://uturnaudio.com/pages/turntables

Here you go. Billy was talking about this a while back. Was the first time today that I used it. Had some extra "Spin Clean" brushes that I used in the Studebaker, they do fit along with Spin Clean rollers too! The Spin Clean brushes are much better, but for $29 with free shipping it's a deal! Works great as the rinse cycle!

https://www.amazon.com/Record-Cleaning-System-Solution-Included/dp/B01GOOAEVK
I guess I missed that. My RCM is built around a 2hp vac-motor and even so a final rinse with distilled water is key.

Back
Top Bottom