What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Was watching "Bandersnatch" on Netflix late last night and was pleased to hear "Making Plans For Nigel" by XTC. I sense a new quest for XTC vinyl. I had pretty much forgotten about them after Dear God some 30 years ago. Time to reacquaint myself.
I've spent about 6 hours with Bandersnatch already.
About 2.5 by myself then another 3+ hours with a buddy visiting.

NP - Cream ~ Wheels Of Fire (1968 Atco stereo LP)
https://www.discogs.com/Cream-Wheels-Of-Fire/release/4849719
52130023_2345428522354631_2222698519741857792_n.jpg

I have a Sherwood receiver I use as a backup when my Yammie goes to the shop. It definitely does a good job. It's not as detailed or sweet sounding as the Yammie (what is!?), but it can deliver some good power to my Advents.

Sorry no music but this one is for Lou @Dusty Ol'Man . This is surely how good karma works. Headed off to the post office to mail Lou a package. Swung by the record store. Brought home 2 Blue Note samplers for $.50 each. One of the owners tells me a customer picked up a pair of KLH 6's from Goodwill last week. So what the heck I swing by GW on the way home.
View attachment 1417086
This Sherwood RX 4105 is there. Marked $15.00 so I take it up to the counter and ask if they have some speaker wire so I can test it(no returns). The cashier who knows me says nope. I then mentioned I would take a chance on it if it was 5 bucks. So She says how about $5.99? I said sold.
Got her home and all channels work with fm. Included was a bag with a remote 4 sets of Rca cables, FM antenna,AM antenna and a unopened rca Y to mini plug also. Also a HDMI cable. Looks like the Sherwood remote might go to a DVD player. We'll see. I used to own one of these and gifted it to my brother. Good unit with phono but hates anything under 8 ohms.......not a scratch on it. Thanks Lou!!!!View attachment 1417102 View attachment 1417103 View attachment 1417104 2nd to last pic is before a good dusting.Last is fired up View attachment 1417106

Surgery day, in and out. I'm feeling fine. Of course, I'm on drugs, lol, so who knows how I really am. In any case, doc thinks this third time is the charm. I'll know in a coupla weeks at my post op. In the meantime, three more weeks of convalescence. Three more weeks of record spinning.
Glad to hear your on the mend. Speedy recovery. :beerchug:

He must have had great taste in music, because I recognize NOTHING in that haul.

Fa
Great choice! :thumbsup:

Next pull-- The Magic of the Balalaika...

Nice haul. That Ben Harper is very good. But they all are (I'm a fan). I can't enlarge the picture-- did you get any good jazz?

"S'More ELP."

"Jaco and I had our differences," but I like those WofM Big band albums. I used to love the live album.

GJ

Several nice jazz pieces GJ, including this on Impulse. And tons of indie melodic pop stuff. Literally dozens of things that are really good and rare.
image.jpg

I have a Sherwood receiver I use as a backup when my Yammie goes to the shop. It definitely does a good job. It's not as detailed or sweet sounding as the Yammie (what is!?), but it can deliver some good power to my Advents.
I agree. Not as musical but the first one I had was bought new for around $100. Did the job in the bedroom just fine. Ended up gifting it in the original box and all it's goodies plus a pair of free speakers to my brother. Funny how another found it's way to me;)

Back
Top Bottom