Today's JAZZ playlist

Here you go. Billy was talking about this a while back. Was the first time today that I used it. Had some extra "Spin Clean" brushes that I used in the Studebaker, they do fit along with Spin Clean rollers too! The Spin Clean brushes are much better, but for $29 with free shipping it's a deal! Works great as the rinse cycle!

https://www.amazon.com/Record-Cleaning-System-Solution-Included/dp/B01GOOAEVK

So glad you like it, Steve. I sure like mine. I have two. In Hawaii, it's ALL I have. I have one in Florida out on the patio, and the Spin Clean inside with my top shelf systems. As you said, for $29 delivered, it's a deal.

So glad you like it, Steve. I sure like mine. I have two. In Hawaii, it's ALL I have. I have one in Florida out on the patio, and the Spin Clean inside with my top shelf systems. As you said, for $29 delivered, it's a deal.

With the Spin Clean brushes installed it's harder to spin and the roller centers kind of bind up. So I have to spin it much slower than the Spin Clean, but it does work nice! This first record I'm listening to I'm very impressed with how quiet the groove sounds like! Will have to wash some of my favorite albums over again! ;) Washed 20 out of the 34 I bought from Discogs that time. Plus, have some more that I still have to wash too! So after I listen to this rack full, will have to wash another rack full! ;)

Got my first "Tone Poet" series issue from Blue Note today.

Wayne Shorter - ETC

IMG-20190211-175158.jpg

With the Spin Clean brushes installed it's harder to spin and the roller centers kind of bind up. So I have to spin it much slower than the Spin Clean, but it does work nice! This first record I'm listening to I'm very impressed with how quiet the groove sounds like! Will have to wash some of my favorite albums over again! ;) Washed 20 out of the 34 I bought from Discogs that time. Plus, have some more that I still have to wash too! So after I listen to this rack full, will have to wash another rack full! ;)

Awesome, Steve. Well, I really like mine. I have not put in Spin Clean Brushes YET. I will soon. The Studebaker brushes are getting toward the end of their life. I don't know how to order Studebaker brushes nor cleaner, so I just order from Spin Clean.

Here you go. Billy was talking about this a while back. Was the first time today that I used it. Had some extra "Spin Clean" brushes that I used in the Studebaker, they do fit along with Spin Clean rollers too! The Spin Clean brushes are much better, but for $29 with free shipping it's a deal! Works great as the rinse cycle!

https://www.amazon.com/Record-Cleaning-System-Solution-Included/dp/B01GOOAEVK
Thanks for your vinyl cleaning idea. I ordered a Baker for rinse after Spin.
OG

Billy, that's a really cool amp! I must say that you need to return the turntable and get a "U-Turn" turntable instead! It's a bit more but worth it! With the U-Turn and the rest of your setup, should sound much better!

https://uturnaudio.com/pages/turntables

I hear you Steve, but I had a U-Turn. It did not last in Hawaii. The Motor Bearings did not last, along with some rust and tarnish issues. The plastic tables like Fisher and Pioneer are much better with longevity. I only spend 40 percent of my time here (until I retire, then I'll spend 100 percent here) so the Pioneer is fine. I am familiar with it as I have one in my basement in Florida. It's not a bad table, especially for the price. I will UP the cart, however. The AT cart that comes with it is not bad, but I can do better.

I hear you Steve, but I had a U-Turn. It did not last in Hawaii. The Motor Bearings did not last, along with some rust and tarnish issues. The plastic tables like Fisher and Pioneer are much better with longevity. I only spend 40 percent of my time here (until I retire, then I'll spend 100 percent here) so the Pioneer is fine. I am familiar with it as I have one in my basement in Florida. It's not a bad table, especially for the price. I will UP the cart, however. The AT cart that comes with it is not bad, but I can do better.

Sorry for the long reply, went out to do an errand.

Oh, didn't know you had a U-Turn. Yeah, your probably right about getting something more plastic with all of that salty air around you.

Sorry for the long reply, went out to do an errand.

Oh, didn't know you had a U-Turn. Yeah, your probably right about getting something more plastic with all of that salty air around you.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I LOVE U-Turn tables. I have one in Florida (in Air Conditioning). I tried one in Hawaii and it didn't take the humidity and salt air well. 18 months and it was done. Remember, when I'm not there, SWMBO will not use nor clean them. So they just sit and rot in the tropics. Surprisingly, these plastic tables like Pioneer and Fisher just LAST and LAST and LAST.

When I move here full time, I'm either getting Air Conditioning, OR I'm buying a home/condo WITH Air conditioning. I can't deal with electronics rotting out so quickly, Steve. The new TUBE amp I'm getting will be the first tube product in Hawaii. We'll see how it does!

Hey, don't get me wrong. I LOVE U-Turn tables. I have one in Florida (in Air Conditioning). I tried one in Hawaii and it didn't take the humidity and salt air well. 18 months and it was done. Remember, when I'm not there, SWMBO will not use nor clean them. So they just sit and rot in the tropics. Surprisingly, these plastic tables like Pioneer and Fisher just LAST and LAST and LAST.

When I move here full time, I'm either getting Air Conditioning, OR I'm buying a home/condo WITH Air conditioning. I can't deal with electronics rotting out so quickly, Steve. The new TUBE amp I'm getting will be the first tube product in Hawaii. We'll see how it does!

Wouldn't want to be without air conditioning! ;) Hope the new amp does well there. It looks really nice! Do you know what brand of tubes are in it?

Back
Top Bottom