Today's Blues Playlist

Crusade - John Mayall's Blues Breakers
1A/1D, Bell x 2.
hXjVMVI.jpg

Man oh Man nice picture of a great artist he lived it before he played it.
Just listening to some very nice old Curtis always hits the spot in the A.M.View attachment 1412982 Canton
Thanks Grill and HIll didn;t know if it would be proper to post up with his music on a straight blues thread but he sure did a lot for music and those that needed a voice in the music business and just a voice to be heard if that makes sense ? LIke I said it really hit the spot a great mix of his work I taped two days after he passed away a solid DJ did a show in his honor.
Say no more right
Canton

Doing the old Radio Show tapes again allows me to listen to sets that last for 60-90 min had some great DJs decades ago still got some nice ones out there. Have to start a post about some of the hidden Blues DJs spinning out there right now just a matter of where to post it up at?
Canton

Interesting recording I picked it up when it came out, did a nice modern slant on the blues cuts he put out.
Canton

It is one of my favorite records, in a "desert island" kind of way, not just a "favorite blues." Expertly done, crack band, live session, just very, very nice. He did two more afterwards. I like them as well, but they aren't close to this first one.

Doing the old Radio Show tapes again allows me to listen to sets that last for 60-90 min had some great DJs decades ago still got some nice ones out there. Have to start a post about some of the hidden Blues DJs spinning out there right now just a matter of where to post it up at?
Canton

Why not start a thread?

GJ

John Jackson
Rappahannock Blues
Smithsonian Folkways

This is a collection of live recordings. Dates range from 1970-1997
Liner notes call JJ "the most important black Appalachian musician to come to broad public attention during the mid-1960's"

Jackson yes indeed he used to show up at a lot of shows around here while back. That just got me to thinking bout the Summer Blues Fest happenings coming up. Its is cold nasty ice storm for two days here I need the thoughts of green grass and straight Blues to keep me going. Here is a guy who could do some damage with the blues, ........lockwood 12.jpg

Studebaker John - Tremolux
Paul Reddick - Revue

I did a DJ set opening for Studebaker John at a “Bikes & Blues” night a few years ago. He was great (and played for a tiny audience when most of the people left; still high energy and great playing though). Hung with his drummer; nice guy.

Earlier Tonight:

304FB38E-F88E-4841-A46B-2E3D2CA4F8ED.jpeg

GJ

Back
Top Bottom