What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My pleasure. Better in your boxes than collecting dust in my closet. Let us know how the finished product sounds.
I thought about putting it off until after I have surgery on the 26th so I have something to do while I'm laying around, but I don't think I'll be able to wait until then. I installed the woofers in my cabinets once I unboxed them to avoid damage.
If the tweeters would have fit in there I'd probably have them mostly done, but I'll have to modify them a bit or I may get a pair of these because I need something small that will fit.

Also, the originals were hardwired and I'll be installing some binding posts and we use damping material where I work that I'll be getting scrap for use.

Not sure if I will need to install L-pads or not.

R-4789216-1379304227-3463.jpeg.jpg
R-4789216-1455876883-4547.jpeg.jpg

Count Basie Big Band / Farmers Market Barbecue
1982 Pablo

Good Eye FOH Engineer. Jerry Garcia is about the only "known" guitarist I have found that actually played the Ibanez Musician Series Guitars. There are photos out there with Jerry and Bob playing Ibanez MC-400 and 500 guitars. The center guitar in the pic above is a 500 model. The only difference from the 400 was that the 500 had a "contoured" body. Otherwise the 500 was the same as the 400. They are not really "road worthy" guitars with that crafted single neck thru design. One bad drop and the guitar could be history. There is no "bolting" on a replacement. They are very heavy and stout, but I also exercise great care when handling them. so Yes, I agree that he would have been eyeing those Ibanez. Jerry would have had some right in his hands as a good model. LOL. The pieces of the puzzle are all coming together on this one.

I sold at least a half dozen of the Maple John McLaughlin style models while working at Gordon Millers years ago. They were mostly really good playing guitars as well as nice looking.

I don't know if anybody watched the Grammy's, I didn't cause most of the music sucks IMHO. Anyways, be it music or movies, if a musician or director, producer, etc. is the biggest ahole in the world but he makes the greatest album or movie that makes everybody laugh, cry or feel some kind of emotion, does being an ahole really take away from what he made?

Back
Top Bottom