Peekskill, NY Blue Mountain Lodge Audio Fest - Saturday, September 14th, 2019

GD70

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi gents!

Happy New Year!

I have reserved the Lodge for the dates above. The price went up 50 bucks to 250.00 for the day.
If you can, please paypal me and I'll have a sheet to keep track of those attending and that have paid. Fee is 20.00. You can also pay at the door if you're unsure if you can attend. This should also cover ordering pizza for lunch, and feel free to bring food, snacks, and beverages of your choice.
My PP is gddavis@optonline.net

We have lots of room, and like the last time, we are having a dance party in the evening. So if you plan to attend that's additional 10.00 because there's an extra 100 charge for the overnight extended time.

Cheers!
Glenn

Last edited:
Hi Glenn both days are now on the calendar. I plan on making them. Had a lot of fun last time

Great dates ! I think these dates are one week before the Kutztown, PA shows this year. Almost a week is needed to recuperate from those shows, so Thank You & Happy New Year, Glenn...

Great dates ! I think these dates are one week before the Kutztown, PA shows this year. Almost a week is needed to recuperate from those shows, so Thank You & Happy New Year, Glenn...
Happy New Year to you too Lar!
Looking forward to this year's gatherings, and hopefully we'll get a lot of NY AKers to attend, as well as some of the Frankenfest crowd to come on down!

Hey guys, see you’re planning a May 19th show. I think I can make that. I think this time I’ll leave the KLH 4-woofer speaker system home and go all vintage.
I’ll bring the 1959 fisher tube system with a 1956 Stephen’s tru-sonic 15” duplex speaker (the sister to the Alec 604c) and a nice 1960 Garrard mono turntable to spin some vintage 78s.
Hope to see you all.
Denis

Hey guys, see you’re planning a May 19th show. I think I can make that. I think this time I’ll leave the KLH 4-woofer speaker system home and go all vintage.
I’ll bring the 1959 fisher tube system with a 1956 Stephen’s tru-sonic 15” duplex speaker (the sister to the Alec 604c) and a nice 1960 Garrard mono turntable to spin some vintage 78s.
Hope to see you all.
Denis
Hey Denis!
Sounds like a nice setup. I think Larry aka tubeactive will dig that!
Cheers, Glenn

Oh Yeah ! We will all dig the mono stuff...

Denis, That means one big box speaker instead of a pair ? Which 1959 amp/preamp ? The 400CX and SA-300 ? No stereo speakers ? If you need, you can use my stereo speakers when I m not in demo mode. Which cartridge is on that Garrard ? We can compare preamp phono EQs. I'll bring one of the Fisher 50-PRC variable EQ phono units. Also, is the Garrard stable speed at 33 1/3 ? My V-M tt with GE RPX cart is currently 78 dedicated. I will bring some mono LP/EPs as well as a few 78s. Let's Boogie !

meh, I will be on a cruise ship during this.

I really shouldn't say "meh", but I have enjoyed these, and am sorry I'll be missing it. Hopefully we do one in the fall too.

meh, I will be on a cruise ship during this.

I really shouldn't say "meh", but I have enjoyed these, and am sorry I'll be missing it. Hopefully we do one in the fall too.
Yep,
See the thread title, two dates reserved! No cruises in September for you!

Tubeactive, I’ll bring the Fisher 400-CX and the SA-300B. I just picked up a Garrad RC88/4 and bought a GE VRII cartridge. my 78 mono collection is very weak at this point, so if you have some stuff to demo that would be great. I can bring my 1960 Altec Lansing 604C duplex or the 1957 Stephens Tru Sonic. I’m thinking of the Stephens because I’d bet no one has ever heard one. And its awesome. Some one at the show was playing 78s last year and that’s what inspired me. Looking fwd.

Well, I believe we were set up "like a triangle" with Glenn's awesome setup. You were at one corner and I was at the other, along the same wall. That someone who was spinning 78s, that was me. I am glad I inspired you...What about your stereo speakers ? Your amp can quickly destroy my old, fragile, full range 8s in TL boxes, with one loud switch...Pop...I vote for your Stephens big box...but a 604C is fine, too...very fine. Last time I heard some Stephens was in the early 1990s...

Can you bring a mono amp for the Stephens ? Or, a smaller, lower power amp too? Or, borrow one of mine...I will bring an assortment of 78s, knowing that there are other appreciators. At the last show, my demo time seemed quick; too quick. I did want to demo the various EQ choices for certain 78s, but the crowd was quickly moving along...Maybe, we should probably setup with closer tables ? How's your Garrard at 33 1/3 and 45 speeds ? I will try and remember to bring some styli for our GEs...

I think you gents should set up next to each other for ease of gear swapping and connecting.
I'll try to make the demo times 15 minutes each, then go back for a 2nd round if the crowd is into it, and wants more listening time with a particular setup.

Glen,I think setting Demo times would be a great enhancement. Never been to any other show. But always thought it would be nice to have each individual demo their gear with all focused on one system at a time where the owner can tell us all about his system to the group.

Well, I believe we were set up "like a triangle" with Glenn's awesome setup. You were at one corner and I was at the other, along the same wall. That someone who was spinning 78s, that was me. I am glad I inspired you...What about your stereo speakers ? Your amp can quickly destroy my old, fragile, full range 8s in TL boxes, with one loud switch...Pop...I vote for your Stephens big box...but a 604C is fine, too...very fine. Last time I heard some Stephens was in the early 1990s...

Can you bring a mono amp for the Stephens ? Or, a smaller, lower power amp too? Or, borrow one of mine...I will bring an assortment of 78s, knowing that there are other appreciators. At the last show, my demo time seemed quick; too quick. I did want to demo the various EQ choices for certain 78s, but the crowd was quickly moving along...Maybe, we should probably setup with closer tables ? How's your Garrard at 33 1/3 and 45 speeds ? I will try and remember to bring some styli for our GEs...

I still have the KLH stereo speakers, and they are killers, but I’m looking to show something new. I believe the 400cx has a true mono output on it and it only puts out 30 watts, so not sure its capable of popping any speakers. The Garrard TT is in process of restoration so I Haven’t verified speed yet. And I haven’t installed the VRII yet either [it currently has a Shure 55E in it}.

Glen,I think setting Demo times would be a great enhancement. Never been to any other show. But always thought it would be nice to have each individual demo their gear with all focused on one system at a time where the owner can tell us all about his system to the group.
We did it at the first Lodge gathering, and it worked out well. We started doing it at Frankenfest and it went well. Besides hearing each system, it's fun to play an album, CD, or digital track you know well on a different system.
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom