Believe the hype KLH Six is an amazing speaker

DesertLizard, are the drivers epoxied in?

Check those tiny wires going to the cone of the tweeter. If they aren't broke, chances are its the crossover. If they are broke, I have a replacement I'll send you for free. Another AK member was nice enough to gift me a set, and I only needed one. It's yours if you need it, I'll even pay the shipping.

If you hit them with a heat gun, they come right off. I was amazed how well it worked.

Always wanted to hear a pair of 6's myself. Definitely look like my kind of speakers. Some of these old speakers can still blow me away. These Tannoy Ardens I just picked up being one example, but I've had at least 5 "old" pairs of speakers that just completely wowed me. Enjoy your 6's! I like your room too, good stuff!

Always wanted to hear a pair of 6's myself. Definitely look like my kind of speakers. Some of these old speakers can still blow me away. These Tannoy Ardens I just picked up being one example, but I've had at least 5 "old" pairs of speakers that just completely wowed me. Enjoy your 6's! I like your room too, good stuff!

I bought my pair after reading on here how good they were.......they are just a great speaker. The same with the KLH 17s I had.

A quality two-way tends to be a very easy design to get right. I have the Marantz Imperial 6's, and yes, while I can hear the limitations of that little tweeter, overall, I just find myself enjoying the sound. Still hunting for some KLH 6's, just not very hard. I got too much stuff.

Congrats and enjoy!

A quality two-way tends to be a very easy design to get right. I have the Marantz Imperial 6's, and yes, while I can hear the limitations of that little tweeter, overall, I just find myself enjoying the sound. Still hunting for some KLH 6's, just not very hard. I got too much stuff.

Congrats and enjoy!

The Marantz Imperial 6 and the KLH are very similar in the highs but different in the bass. The KLHs are not as responsive at lower volumes as the Imperials but the KLHs have a bit tighter bass. They are different but I love both.

When I see people that only have one set of speakers asking why people have more than one set I always think it would be so boring to only have one set.

The Marantz Imperial 6 and the KLH are very similar in the highs but different in the bass. The KLHs are not as responsive at lower volumes as the Imperials but the KLHs have a bit tighter bass. They are different but I love both.

When I see people that only have one set of speakers asking why people have more than one set I always think it would be so boring to only have one set.

I agree. 25 pairs and counting......

Scott LK-72 & 1963 Six's here. A sublime combination.
And at low volumes, still plenty of bass.

I just recapped my pair of Model Six speakers. I am waiting for the arrival of the doping compound from RoyC so I can experience them fully.

Even without the woofers doped (and they need it), they are my new favorite speaker. I have been A/Bing them with my OLA and Dynaco A25 speakers. The KLH's win.

I just recapped my pair of Model Six speakers. I am waiting for the arrival of the doping compound from RoyC so I can experience them fully.

Even without the woofers doped (and they need it), they are my new favorite speaker. I have been A/Bing them with my OLA and Dynaco A25 speakers. The KLH's win.

Once you re-treat the surrounds the improvement in the bass will be very noticeable. FYI, once you re-treat them the surrounds will remain sticky/tacky to the touch. Two light coats should be enough. I have found for my ears at least they are most enjoyable about 6" from the wall and about 6" off the floor. Enjoy!

I have a set of the A 25s and vs my newly rebuilt and recapped KLH 6s it is no contest with the 6s winning. Vs my recapped Imperials? A much harder question.

I agree the bass is fine at lower volumes, but the Imperials have a bit more at the same volume. They are easier to drive and I think that has a bit to do with it.

Actually I have been thinking of selling my Dynacos after listening to the KLH's for a few weeks. I like them a lot but I like the KLH's and Imperials better. And I like to run a pair of smaller 8in two ways on top of larger ones in our bedroom systems. I really want a pair of Nova 6s again so I think the Dynacos are going to go.

It was on Glen's recommendation that I picked up a pair to run on my Scott 222B. Glen, I can't thank you enough. Excellent recommendation!

I'll be keeping an eye open for a set of Imperial 6's.

I have 2 pairs of very early Six's. Would like to get a lower power tube amp to use with them. I have a McIntosh MC2105 that I'm sure would sound good, but that would entail taking out my AR 3a's, and as good as the Six's are, they can't beat the 3a's.

The Six's are an easier speaker to own. Can use them in almost any room with almost any amp and they'll sound great. 3's/3a's are difficult to drive and need a room that they wont overwhelm. They're harder to restore and a lot more expensive. But man when everything is right they are my favorite speakers by far that I've owned in 40+ years of listening,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom