Ignore function over used IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafe latte

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Been noting what people are adding other to ignore list for and it is amazing IMO. Today, not that I am bothered but someone told me I was now on their ignore list. They posted something about a turntable and I said that particular turntable needed a psu to get best from it and explained why, no rudeness and then on this persons ignore list wow!! I am not alone it seems seen on a lot of threads seemingly for nothing people do this. I just actually ignore if I dont agree never feel the need to press a button to do it.
Good job we all dont do it when someone has a different opinion or it would be rather quiet around here :)
Chris

Some people are easily butthurt. I recently had a weird interaction on a professional forum when oh pressed a poster for more information after he responded to one of my questions. He went back and bolded random parts of his previous post (parts that to me had very little to do with my original question) and then posted "Guess my previous post was TLDNR..."

He's since neglected to respond to my follow up where I went through his post point by point and asked follow on questions.

Excuse me for not living in your head guy. Reminded me of some of the worst professors from my undergrad days.

Been noting what people are adding other to ignore list for and it is amazing IMO. Today, not that I am bothered but someone told me I was now on their ignore list. They posted something about a turntable and I said that particular turntable needed a psu to get best from it and explained why, no rudeness and then on this persons ignore list wow!! I am not alone it seems seen on a lot of threads seemingly for nothing people do this. I just actually ignore if I dont agree never feel the need to press a button to do it.
Good job we all dont do it when someone has a different opinion or it would be rather quiet around here :)
Chris
the ignore lists is a tool for tools. ignore THEM and you will be the richer for it

@cafe latte
Ha! I watched that happen in real time.

Look at it this way: your intent may have been good, but you werent perceived that way.

You got a gift tonight: feedback from a well established member about the impression you are creating (at least with him). Do whatever you think is right with it.

but someone told me I was now on their ignore list.
I can see that, and why
I said that particular turntable needed a psu to get best from it and explained why, no rudeness and then on this persons ignore list wow!! I am not alone it seems seen on a lot of threads seemingly for nothing people do this.
Generally it's a combined number of interactions until one is pushed enough to just give up on anothers behavior.

I don't ignore people I disagree with, I ignore people that are irritating, and is why the comment is in the first quote, I can see that, and why.

I can see that, and why

Generally it's a combined number of interactions until one is pushed enough to just give up on anothers behavior.

I don't ignore people I disagree with, I ignore people that are irritating, and is why the comment is in the first quote, I can see that, and why.

I'm starting to get worried, we've been agreeing too much lately lol. And I was just going to add you to my lisssssst.

Well that was easy to find and as I thought.

Take it for what it's worth, stop being annoying.

How about post #8?

Do we have a twofer?

I'm too lazy at the moment, just returned from the hospital. My little brother is having brain surgery in the morning. Asked him what power the electron microscope would be using lol.

No really, my little brother is in trouble for real, not doing to well tonight.

This thread reminds me of a movie scene...what was it...oh yes
820.jpg

Yes people can get way to uptight way too quick. AK is a great place and love hifi I have for over 30 years, probably longer as even before hifi there was always records spinning in my room. We all love the same hobby and discussing an amp or speakers or a turntable can it get so tense so quick. I am a firefighter, remember years ago an accident. I had just been doing CPR and it did not end well, I was walking back to appliance to remove contaminated PPC can have a moment to gather thoughts when I was approached by a family member who had stopped and was comforting the child. I was asked how was all going.. My head started swimming, I tried to remain calm and direct the person the the officer in charge as not allowed to give information to people, but also felt terrible knowing what my OIC had to do. Anyway point is this is real life, cant believe people throw toys out of pram over a piece of hifi gear many times in these threads I am convinced they have never actually heard anyway..
Kind of crazy to me someone presses the I am ignoring you forever button
@cafe latte
Ha! I watched that happen in real time.

Look at it this way: your intent may have been good, but you werent perceived that way.

You got a gift tonight: feedback from a well established member about the impression you are creating (at least with him). Do whatever you think is right with it.
He was being very precious IMO.
Chris

I can see that, and why

I have communicated with Mr Pig (Why no real name?) in a lot of thread in a positive way this was out of the blue. Mr Pig cant be questioned and dislikes carts he has never heard and we dont know is name all the same I think is imput positive, but hitting ignore button just as because I questioned him is hmm..............
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom