Help with buying Flim & the BB's Tricycle CD

LHorn

I lost this album years ago so I dont remember what was on the labels. What I'm seeing in my searches is different wording on the disks and back insert...for example one will have "All compositions 1983 You call this music"...and others will have "Strictly serious music" instead. On one seller it has both..one quote on the CD and the other quote on the insert. Another variable is some have on the CD DIDX 000128 under the CD-443. Some were pressed in Japan and some the US also.

So can someone tell me what the original 1983 release CD is supposed to look like? I'm not looking for the SACD or the gold version...just the best original release.

Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

Thanks kfalls...yes the front covers have been consistent with the only variation being some have an off white insert and some are bright white.

I've got a copy. I'll have to dig it out and take a picture for you.

I appreciate that. Like I said the CD label and the insert on the back where it list the tracks are confusing to which are the originals of 1983. Some sellers list it as a 1990 release date and according to Discogs nothing was released then..and I dont want a bootleg copy.

Found it. The CD says 1983 you call this music? The number is CD-443.
20190211_221930.jpg

Found another DMP release while I was digging Flim out, Warren Bernhardt Trio 83. I'll listen to them both tonight, two great discs that i havent heard in a couple of years
20190211_222020.jpg

And discogs has another variation with the "STRICTLY SERIOUS MUSIC" copyright. Not sure what the explanation is. Mine is original and not a bootleg. I am assuming yours is original and not a bootleg as well.

Found it. The CD says 1983 you call this music? The number is CD-443.

That is what the majority of them for sale look like with "You call this music" on the CD and on the insert. One I am looking at has
"You call this music" on the CD and "STRICTLY SERIOUS MUSIC"on the insert. Anyway...thanks again for posting that for me.

@notime2read ...Trust me I have no clue but the CD's I have seen with the dual double lines at the top of the CD by the title has been advertised as a first pressing and one was stamped "Promotional Copy" with a red stamp. All the rest are single lines. I wish I knew what the DIDX 000128 under the CD-443 meant as some have it and some dont. Thanks for helping out.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom