Vintage Marantz ID

Jbmorrey

i am trying to determine the model of this vintage Marantz receiver, I am having trouble finding a configuration of only 6 buttons in 3 sets of 2 like pictured. I find plenty with 4 buttons and 1 center slider. Any thoughts on what this Marantz receiver is.

Thanks in advance for the help,

James

232BA5BA-FC4D-4E12-B416-CB9E3B8D3E66.jpeg

Yeah, it's older than 22xx. The 2x receivers were '70-73 or so. I had a 26 for a while, it's still running in my dad's basement. Still original and dead nuts reliable, decent sounding.

So I hav been looking for a Marantz for some time, but do not run into them often, price wise, if it was in normal working condition, would you say it would be valued above or below the 22xx series? Personally I have been looking for something like the 2238b, but so far no luck. Would you say this 27 would be comparable performance and sound wise? Just trying to get an idea of if I am able to get it, what would one expect to pay for this.

James

Definitely worth less than the 22xx models, they're kind of forgotten models. 27 is a 30W receiver, so in that 2230 or 2238 ballpark as far as power goes. The 2x models sound different, likely due to earlier solid state design. Not as high in the build quality either, faceplates are thinner and the plastics are kind of brittle.

That's a nice old truck in your avatar.

Definitely worth less than the 22xx models, Not as high in the build quality either, faceplates are thinner and the plastics are kind of brittle.

That's a nice old truck in your avatar.

Perfect, ok that’s what I needed to know. One available at an estate sale locally and wanted to know if it was worth the effort to take a 1/2 work day to attend and pickup.

As for my truck, thanks.it’s a 75 Ford f100 shortbed, purchased about a year ago, slowly getting is worked on when I can.

Thanks so very much for your advise, you saved me from making a possible bad buy.

James

Perfect, ok that’s what I needed to know. One available at an estate sale locally and wanted to know if it was worth the effort to take a 1/2 work day to attend and pickup.

As for my truck, thanks.it’s a 75 Ford f100 shortbed, purchased about a year ago, slowly getting is worked on when I can.

Thanks so very much for your advise, you saved me from making a possible bad buy.

James

I'm not sure what the asking price is, but I wouldn't say it would be a bad buy.........

Back
Top Bottom