AK Retiree Club

Was stationed at Mare Island for training back in the ‘80s. Loved the proximity to Berkeley. What was the great old movie theater on the main drag? Saw many a great classic movie there, including Abel Gance’s Napoleon.

Just ran across this thread and hope there are few memberships open. I retired last January at 65 1/2 while my wife was still working and became bored quickly. Went back to work part-time and love it. Lots of free time AND a few new challenges to keep my mind awake.

I’m making a few of the more expensive changes/additions to my system in preparation for “full-time retirement “, which will definitely be after my youngest daughters wedding this summer and my wife’s knee replacement in Spring. We are both in pretty good shape, thank God.

Committing to do more for others as well as myself (staying in shape). There’s a lot to do!

Wish I would have had my retirement shit together more than I did. We're down in FL for a few weeks and I really wish I could have bought a house down here so I could spend half the year. It's great to be able to be outside in Feb and go biking and swimming!
Might go down to Key West cycling tomorrow, traffic is a bitch down there!

@parman , my wife and I talk about this often. Wouldn’t a place in Texas for the winter and back in Chicago for the summer be wonderful? But we lived it up in our “middle age” and didn’t put aside as much as we could. But we have no regrets as we thoroughly enjoyed it, and we’re doing fine now, but do have to endure the Chicago winters.

Oh well, put on a sweater and enjoy the spectacular summers by Lake Michigan.

Who need s to go anywhere but home. I like people. The less I see em' the more IDSC_0047.JPG DSC_0048.JPG DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0050.JPGlike em'. This has my wife worried. For me, it's less stress if I don't go out into the world of I (eye) people.

I like your attitude mkane. And 103 miles north of SF is some pretty country to make due in. Just don't let your worried wife worry you.:)

Sunday we had 60 foot waves on the North Shore. People went to see and it became a zoo. A friend and I tried to go up to Haleakalā to play in the snow. Unfortunately the main road was closed. Still closed this morning. May try a different tactic later.

unnamed-file-1-1024x536.jpg

That polar vortex is really getting around this year. I just want the damn snow to stop now please. ;)
We were tired of the polar vortex winter also so we came down to the Keys for a break. This morning we're having a tropical storm, can't believe how hard it's raining!

We were tired of the polar vortex winter also so we came down to the Keys for a break. This morning we're having a tropical storm, can't believe how hard it's raining!
I was supposed to take the wife to the city today to consult with a surgeon about some upcoming surgery. Wife cancelled because she don't want to do a 60 mile drive in the snow (been snowing since yesterday and still going). I made the executive decision that I will spin tunes in my shop/music room all day. Went out to light the wood stove and sweep the front step and a half an hour later it was covered up again. This could be a long week if this keeps up and it's supposed to. :( Please bring on spring and golf season.

Back
Top Bottom