Todays METAL playlist

A great Iommi/Sabbath album yes, but many would argue that it isn't really Sabbath at all without the original lineup. I'm probably amongst that crowd.
For me, the greatest Black Sabbath album is Paranoid. It's shocking how that album nudges out everything else in their catalog. Song after song defines Black Sabbath.
Hate the album cover, I think it's stupid. But the inner gatefold more than makes up for it.
004.jpg

002.jpg

I like ALL Sabbath albums, all eras. Especially Tony Martin.

I do. Lucked out and bought one back in the day. Never gave it much thought over the years. I about fell out of my chair when I saw what it goes for on Discogs.
https://www.discogs.com/Deuce-Im-Saved/release/5376334
039.jpg
Cool, stamped sleeve, I don't have that on mine. Yeah, tough single, the band played frisbee with many copies. Most of the copies I have seen are beat. Took me a long time to get mine and it was not cheap. Those discogs prices sold are actually less than what some copies have sold for, there is one that went for 700 euro shown on popsike.

Cool, stamped sleeve, I don't have that on mine. Yeah, tough single, the band played frisbee with many copies. Most of the copies I have seen are beat. Took me a long time to get mine and it was not cheap. Those discogs prices sold are actually less than what some copies have sold for, there is one that went for 700 euro shown on popsike.
Got mine in a used record store, probably around 1986.
There is a small tear on the back of the sleeve, and it's a little bit wrinkled. but the vinyl is pristine, so I don't think it was one of their Barn Frisbee's. Living where I did, I was right in Deuce's fanbase. Can't imagine even with that, that many copies were in the record stores.
What is the attraction of that 45? I don't understand what drives the price so high. Yes it was Marty Friedman's former band, but he didn't play on it. Deuce and the guys in the band never really amounted to anything.

Rob, since you went to so much trouble to track down a copy of Deuce's "I'm Saved b/w Bad Boys", I'd be safe in assuming that you have their one album released under the name Tension.
(of course the demo compilation album was released years later - I have a youtube rip of that album)

Wow. Can't believe this has never had a CD release.

Tension - Breaking Point
1986 Combat/Torrid Records 88561-8098-1

https://www.discogs.com/Tension-Breaking-Point/release/1999917
020.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

Rob, since you went to so much trouble to track down a copy of Deuce's "I'm Saved b/w Bad Boys", I'd be safe in assuming that you have their one album released under the name Tension.
(of course the demo compilation album was released years later - I have a youtube rip of that album)

Wow. Can't believe this has never had a CD release.

Tension - Breaking Point
1986 Combat/Torrid Records 88561-8098-1

https://www.discogs.com/Tension-Breaking-Point/release/1999917
020.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

Oh yes of course I have this masterpiece. It has been released on cd. The "Epitaph" cd is this lp + 6 bonus tracks, 3 are the unreleased "Epitome" EP from '87 and 3 live tracks. the label "Metalgrind" was actually the label of a friend of mine from Glen Burnie, MD.
https://www.discogs.com/Tension-Epitaph/master/543615

Got mine in a used record store, probably around 1986.
There is a small tear on the back of the sleeve, and it's a little bit wrinkled. but the vinyl is pristine, so I don't think it was one of their Barn Frisbee's. Living where I did, I was right in Deuce's fanbase. Can't imagine even with that, that many copies were in the record stores.
What is the attraction of that 45? I don't understand what drives the price so high. Yes it was Marty Friedman's former band, but he didn't play on it. Deuce and the guys in the band never really amounted to anything.

Deuce are cult and not forgotten, hence the Deuce lp. Both the lp and 2018 cd versions are official releases. It is a great 7" musically (love both of those songs) , and frigging rare private press US metal. It took me around 15 years to find a clean copy for not stupid $$, even then it was expensive. American metal has a huge collectability factor outside of america. Actually from what I heard they played frisbee with them out at the beach or some public place, so they just went into the trash. They were distributed through the stores though as an old friend in CA got his back at a record shop in Walnut Creek in the 80's for $1 or somethnig

For @Delmarva, lets call this the "Friedman friends and family series"
index.php
That's a lot more Marty Friedman then I have... but, you're missing a couple. How can this be????
(actually Marty has a bunch of stuff that neither of us have)

I've always preferred "Scenes" over "Dragon's Kiss". It's very laid back. Almost atmospheric music. Not a shredder album at all.
001.jpg

And of course you need the "Loud, Wild And Heavy" EP. I think it just got a CD release last year.
015.jpg

016.jpg

That's a lot more Marty Friedman then I have... but, you're missing a couple. How can this be????
(actually Marty has a bunch of stuff that neither of us have)

I've always preferred "Scenes" over "Dragon's Kiss". It's very laid back. Almost atmospheric music. Not a shredder album at all.
001.jpg

And of course you need the "Loud, Wild And Heavy" EP. I think it just got a CD release last year.
015.jpg

016.jpg
Haha, no I do have it, oops, just forgot to include it in the mugshots
IMG_1436.JPG

I actually cannot remember when I last listened to the solo lp, I have seen the one you have and figured it wasn't mandatory, the solo album and the Cacophany, the only reason I have them is they were cheap. I am missing one of the Megadeth lps from the 90's he is on but since the cover art was so terrible I never bought it, since even new it was a $20 import.

Yes I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, or overlooked including it. Isn't he on a Metal Massacre with a track? Did not check that

Phew, that's good. I thought something was terribly wrong there for a moment. I totally forgot about "One Nation Undeground". That's the first copy I've ever seen.
What is that other Hawaii album next to The Natives Are Restless... a bootleg perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom