Recommended software for confirming actual output resolution

Alobar

Addicted Member
Im trying to troubleshoot my MiniDSP 4x10 to determine if it is outputting at track resolution up to 24/96 and not capping at 48K. What would be a good straight forward program that will do this?
Thanks.

Im trying to troubleshoot my MiniDSP 4x10 to determine if it is outputting at track resolution up to 24/96 and not capping at 48K. What would be a good straight forward program that will do this?
Thanks.

Open the file with Audacity and see what the properties show.

Yes, but then he would have one of those, and imagine the fun to be had! (It's probably like $10k, huh.)

Yes. I should get one. Then I could become a tester/reviewer! Well, not so fast. Then everyone would hate me for being an "objectivist". I've seen it happen before... Naaa. I'll pass. I might could write it off though. Hmmm

And in the meanwhile I am looking for a confirmation that my MiniDSP is doing what it says it should, output at up to 24/96.

I had no reason to wonder until I tried feeding its digital input with the toslink in (instead of analog). I needed a converter to do this so am using this device https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box
It is set up for 24/96 in and out stereo via firmware patch but when I play the MiniDSP with digital input there is no sound on any music above 4800hz. Fairly certain that it is a driver issue but am just trying to check everything I can think of. If the DSP wont play above 4800, is the fault with it? Or the USB converter or something else completely?

And in the meanwhile I am looking for a confirmation that my MiniDSP is doing what it says it should, output at up to 24/96.

I had no reason to wonder until I tried feeding its digital input with the toslink in (instead of analog). I needed a converter to do this so am using this device https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box
It is set up for 24/96 in and out stereo via firmware patch but when I play the MiniDSP with digital input there is no sound on any music above 4800hz. Fairly certain that it is a driver issue but am just trying to check everything I can think of. If the DSP wont play above 4800, is the fault with it? Or the USB converter or something else completely?

Have you checked the "advanced" settings in the control panel? You should be able to default to any value the drive will support OR let it adjust based on the source file resolution.

Back
Top Bottom