I'm SO over the winter already, and I only live in Southern NJ

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
I'm SO over the winter already. One week ago today, I slipped on some ice on the steps out front and badly sprained my ankle. I went to the ER, X-rays showed no breakages, but I was off work for three days, and was on crutches until the end of the week. My ankle still hurts pretty bad. What was strange was there was no visible snow or ice out front, it must have been some frozen dew or something. Later on that day, the outside temperature monitor in the car showed 60F as I was driving home from the hospital.

Last night it snowed, and it's still snowing. My daughters school is opening two hours later, which means I won't get to work until lunchtime. I'm probably going to have to take a half day of PTO, which I don't want to do as I need all the PTO time I can get as I have relatives coming over in March. I would sooner just get paid for 36 hours instead of 40, but I know they are not going to want to do that.

I'm so over winter already, and I only live in Southern NJ. My thoughts go out to all those people with much worse snow than we have. I heard from my aunt that it was 20F and snowing sideways the other day.

Be safe and warm people,

Lee.

Frozen squirrel pee?

Some therapy places open early. I was doing it for my ankle after foot surgery and I was able to get in at seven AM before work.

Had the same issue over here Lee - frozen dew. I was lucky though, and didn't slip on it. Hope your ankle gets well soon. Be careful out there.

The nice thing about New Jersey is that no matter how bad the weather gets, at least your property taxes are low. ;)

Here in the Pacific Northwest it rarely snows, but this year it’s King Midas in reverse. There are no garbage trucks or school buses running around with chains on. People started to panic and bought up all the food at the stores. Then this is the second week without school. There isn’t even any ice on the road, except for a few hills and mountain bridges. I wished I had some Gates off road tire on my AWD vehicle for some winter auto sports....

Complaining about winter is a sure sign of old age.

Yeah, I'm tired of it too and it really hasn't been that bad...........

Last edited:
Here in Connecticut it hasn’t been too bad. My golf group has been playing most days until recently. We carry hammers to pound the tees into frozen ground. We all had a good laugh when one of our group totally mishit his tee shot on the first hole, sending his ball skittering into a giant frozen lake in the middle of the fairway. It bounced all the way to the green, ending up six feet from the hole, and he made birdie.

But today we got the first serious snow, so our fun and games are temporarily suspended. As a retiree, I can just stay in and listen to music.

Last edited:
1292437-2e7fe10bda21eb71742847afbc3f6101.jpg

Attachments

• 20190122_151604.jpg
    20190122_151604.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 8
Here we n Connecticut it hasn’t been too bad. My golf group has been playing most days until recently. We carry hammers to pound the tees into frozen ground. We all had a good laugh when one of our group totally mishit his tee shot on the first hole, sending his ball skittering into a giant frozen lake in the middle of the fairway. It bounced all the way to the green, ending up six feet from the hole, and he made birdie.

But today we got the first serious snow, so our fun and games are temporarily suspended. As a retiree, I can just stay in and listen to music.

Where's your sporting spirit? :D

GettyImages-73255491.jpg

Back
Top Bottom