Why Grammy Awards no longer matter

petes'picks

Its been a long while since the record execs and agents ruined a program that was a must watch for music fans. Its become a commercial for them to sell records of their new over produced gimmicks. You will never be able to explain to me why Kayne West deserves 21 grammies, he has twice as many grammies as Isley Brothers, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield, Teddy Pendergrass, Bobby Womack, Soloman Burke, Tower of Power and Maze have COMBINED!
One could easily put similar lists together showing icons and more deserving talent who got ignored over the likes of Beyonce, U2 and Bruce Springsteen who all have 20 or more wins each. Led Zeppelin won one grammy and that wasnt until 30 years AFTER they were done recording.
This year they gave a grammy to a some millennials impersonating Led Zeppelin.

Another example of todays Grammy winners.
' Cardi B received a gorgeous floral arrangement in celebration of her huge night at Sunday’s Grammy Awards — but she might be a little confused as to who sent it. In a since-deleted video on her Instagram Story, the “I Like It” singer thanked Tom Petty for the flowers and “beautiful note”… although he died in 2017.
“Thank you, Tom Petty, for the flowers,” Cardi exclaimed on her Instagram Story. “I left the room, but, um, the flowers were very big. I want to say thank you so much, and this is such a beautiful note. Motherf***ers love me, bro.” '

Alicia Keys can sing. Hosting the Grammys is something I hope to never see her do again.

Post Malone and Red Hot Chili Peppers “performance” was the end of our Grammy night viewing.

Last edited:
What was sad, they announced their Grammy Award during the non broadcast of the show. To make matters worse, instead of playing a GVF song, they played AC/DC "Black in Black"
Cool Greta Van Fleet won a grammy, good for them.

That said no one ever remembers who won any awards in any years. What is remembered or not is the songs a artist puts out.

Last edited:
And the best Hard Rock/Metal performance of 1989 goes to........Jethro Tull. o_O :no: :crazy:

It's been this way forever.

As for GVF winning, that's great that they are getting some attention for playing old school rock. The thing is, there are so many more bands out there who put out records in 2018 that smoked GVF. A few examples: Sleep, Brant Bjork, King Buffalo, Fu Manchu, Windhand, Khruangbin, etc, etc.

Last edited:
‘You Light Up my Life’ won Song of the Year for 1977.
Which was, by the way, the same year ‘Aja’ came out, and ‘Low’ and too many others to even mention.

At that moment I understood what the Grammys were all about, and that I really didn’t care what they had to say. Nothing in the intervening years has changed my mind.

And the best Hard Rock/Metal performance of 1989 goes to........Jethro Tull. o_O :no: :crazy:

It's been this way forever.

As for GVF winning, that's great that they are getting some attention for playing old school rock. The thing is, there are so many more bands out there who put out records in 2018 that smoked GVF. A few examples: Sleep, Brant Bjork, King Buffalo, Fu Manchu, Windhand, Khruangbin, etc, etc.

I've never heard of any of these..

I've never heard of any of these..[/QUOT

If you haven't heard of them it's probably due to the "Stoner Rock/Metal" label that's been placed on it. Brant Bjork and Sleep have definitely earned it, lol.

Brant Bjork and Sleep have been around a while now and Brant Bjork has a pretty large back catalog. I've really been digging him and have tried to hip some of y'all to him for a little while now. King Buffalo is an awesome new band who I just saw live in Brattleboro VT. They were great, their new album is killer.

https://youtu.be/m68Wej9ZHKQ

Here's some Brant Bjork goodness

https://youtu.be/hsIftVPcCUg

Stones finally got a "Lifetime" Grammy in 1986. We know the score.

GVF is neato, but as noted above, there's some better, heavier shit. I'm fond of All Them Witches.

Back
Top Bottom