The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

Stuff like Karrier is the reason I started this thread. :thumbsup:
I've never heard them, and likely would never hear them. But now I'll seek them out.
This thread, even if it got no more contributions as of right now would be one of the best NWOBHM databases on the web in my opinion.

I agree, it's sure spurred me to actively seeking A LOT of titles by bands whose releases I missed in the late 70s & early 80s.

Maiden voyage of yet another 'krieg lp finally on vinyl. A bright spot from the 1990's certainly.

index.php
:bowdown:
Hopefully that will get posted on youtube someday.
I'm sure that it's up to their usual high standard.

I think I have one Bitches Sin song on one of the NWOBHM Vol's 1 thru 9 discs. Ice Angels.

Love that inner gatefold with all the demo tapes. Great attention to detail

Actually that is just part of the insert. Inner gatefold has band history & lyrics & credits, etc.

Stuff like Karrier is the reason I started this thread. :thumbsup:
I've never heard them, and likely would never hear them. But now I'll seek them out.
This thread, even if it got no more contributions as of right now would be one of the best NWOBHM databases on the web in my opinion.

You know, I may have more NWOBHM and do not realize it. I never payed attention to any classifications in music. If something sound good to me I would buy it. So for years I would hear a good hard rock band and buy it never knowing that NWOBHM even existed. So I have found some pretty cool stuff in this thread. Whats in a name?

Last edited:
This is a demo anthology of RAT material. They were part of the East Midlands Bands Co-op, this is my "Part 1" feature of material from this Co-op. About the Music: Well they had a unique and very catchy sound. all I can say Is I just love this to death and actually listened to it a few times in the last days, it never grows old, thanks to the utterly fantastic vocal delivery of Dave Halliday (RIP).

IMG_1478.JPG

You know, I may have more NWOBHM and do not realize it. I never payed attention to any classifications in music. If something sound good to me I would buy it. So for years I would hear a good hard rock band and buy it never knowing that NWOBHM even existed. So I have found some pretty cool stuff in this thread. Whats in a name?
Well, a quick check against any list of NWOBHM bands would let you know for sure.
This list at Wiki is reasonably complete. It even has Race Against Time which Rob just posted. That's yet another NWOBHM band that I've never heard of.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_new_wave_of_British_heavy_metal_bands

Part 2 of the East Midlands Bands Co-Op is the godly Radium 7" (shown is the reissue, I do not own an original to this one) and the lp, from the "Buried By Time and Dust" label. The album "Into the Grave Live 1981"is a freaking fantastic soundboard set from Nottingham, and it is just ripping my head off listening to it, total barnstormer of a set. They open with the first track off the 7" and continue through 11 more killer songs. Just look at the lp cover, these guys certainly epitomise the DIY ethic, down and dirty heavy metal.
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG

Last edited:
Great stuff tonight Rob.
Looking forward to listening to the Radium clips. The pictures alone tell me that they really tear it up.

Part 2 of the East Midlands Bands Co-Op is the godly Radium 7" (shown is the reissue, I do not own an original to this one) and the lp, from the "Buried By Time and Dust" label. The album "Into the Grave Live 1981"is a freaking fantastic soundboard set from Nottingham, and it is just ripping my head off listening to it, total barnstormer of a set. They open with the first track off the 7" and continue through 11 more killer songs. Just look at the lp cover, these guys certainly epitomise the DIY ethic, down and dirty heavy metal.
View attachment 1422270
View attachment 1422272
View attachment 1422273
View attachment 1422274
View attachment 1422275
View attachment 1422276

Ala Gallagher in Raven: yet another exponent of the Telecaster in Metal -- The Metelecaster!

Just listened to both Radium clips. Man, they blister. Great stuff.
yep!

I'm getting a chuckle here that no one has mentioned what a scuzzy bunch of maniacs these guys look like. I guess most folks outside of metal must assume all headbangers are this filthy looking all the time and it needs no comment, haha.

I just found an entirely different set on Youtube:

I think that none of this lp is on youtube and it seems both links I posted above are identical, oops

Back
Top Bottom