What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Help! - The Beatles
-3/-4, HTM x 2.
tmq8nI7.jpg

Mahler: Symphony 1. The London Symphony Orchestra, Jascha Horenstein conductiong. Advent Process CR/70 cassette, stereo, Dolby B, CrO2 tape, Advent D1019, 1970.

I own less than 100 cassettes. This particular recording is one of the most spectacular in sound quality. It lights up my BSR spectrum analyzer on every band -- from 31.5 to 16K hz. The performance and recording are impeccable.

IMG_3177.JPG

Good morning. I'm glad to return to The Cave after a weird, difficult week in Boise. Classical on KBYU-FM 89.1.

View attachment 1429266

I feel lucky to be alive. A few miles out of Boise, a box spring (full? queen?) flew up out of a trailer ahead of me. I was unable to avoid it and it bashed the windshield and ripped off the right mirror. I was able to pull over safely. Fleet management, towing, body shop, car rental, glass company were all quick to get the various processes started, but I will need to drive the rental back to get it when it's ready. I'm in a Jeep for now.

View attachment 1429272

It looked worse than the pic. Secure your load!

I'm glad you're OK.

Good morning. I'm glad to return to The Cave after a weird, difficult week in Boise. Classical on KBYU-FM 89.1.

View attachment 1429266

I feel lucky to be alive. A few miles out of Boise, a box spring (full? queen?) flew up out of a trailer ahead of me. I was unable to avoid it and it bashed the windshield and ripped off the right mirror. I was able to pull over safely. Fleet management, towing, body shop, car rental, glass company were all quick to get the various processes started, but I will need to drive the rental back to get it when it's ready. I'm in a Jeep for now.

View attachment 1429272

It looked worse than the pic. Secure your load!
Glad you are ok.

Glad you got through that safely. Did you get the number of the truck? Did the driver even notice?
No ID on vehicle. It was was well ahead of me, maybe 80 yards, and did not stop. The box spring went up high and floated and drifted in the wind like a leaf in slow motion. It drifted to the right and I thought I was clear, then back to the left and made a direct hit.

Back
Top Bottom