Today's SOUL Playlist

Bill Withers - Still Bill 1972 One of the best soul albums ever made.
index.php

This is an awesome 2 cd comp i picked up when it came out in 2006 focusing on 12" singles released by Philadelphia International records between 1976 and 1983.there's some well known disco tracks in 12" format.
20190223_135559.jpg 20190223_140743.jpg

Last edited:
Ok little bit of DJ chat from me now (it's been a while :rolleyes:) brought on by a cdr i found going through 1 of my old cd wallets i'd take to gigs.
This cdr to be precise
index.php

It's a "Mash up" (i dislike that term) of these 2 tunes that i put together some years ago to take to gigs and play out.
The 2 tunes are Whiplash and turners - Don't go lose your pride (Strong Reprise) which has the keyboard,guitar part and especially the vocal only, kinda like an a cappella but with extra elements but no percussion.The other track JJK's white label release of "always there" had what is known as a dj tool on the flip which is commonly just beats and maybe some sweeping synth noises here and there for markers when in the mix,these could be used to put a cappella vocals over the top to completely change the structure of a tune,a live remix if you will.
index.php

index.php
index.php

This is really a fun and creative part of mixing music together,this is 2 records on my technics 1210's being blended and kept in time together live in the mix and recorded from the mixer into audacity to make a tune i could burn and play out in clubs.
Now i know this ain't everyones cup of char but some might find this interesting,i'd forgotten about it to be honest but finding it again was a pleasant surprise.
Here's a taster of the original whiplash and turner track

And here's my version,i uploaded it to soundcloud just follow the link.
the intro is very long so if you get easily bored(as i know some do) skip it on to around 3.30mins and the vocals and all else will start.
cheers
https://soundcloud.com/souljay3/jjkdont-go-lose-your-pride

Some great Soul Groovers and Funky Bombs, all on 45 RPM, manually played. KT's got a new turntable to him, the Technics SL-1500 is now spinning on speed accurately, and hard at work. Manual all the way!!

Little Junior Parker/ Drowning On Dry Land
Joe Tex/I Gotcha
Jimmy Hughes/Neighbor, Neighbor
B.B. King/Sweet Sixteen Pt. 1 and Pt. 2
The Friends Of Distinction/ Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
The Staple Singers/ Respect Yourself
Betty Wright/ Clean Up Woman

This is just the beginning of the evening.

Last edited:
Some great Soul Groovers and Funky Bombs, all on 45 RPM, manually played. KT's got a new turntable to him, the Technics SL-1500 is now spinning on speed accurately, and hard at work. Manual all the way!!

Little Junior Parker/ Drowning On Dry Land
Joe Tex/I Gotcha
Jimmy Hughes/Neighbor, Neighbor
B.B. King/Sweet Sixteen Pt. 1 and Pt. 2
The Friends Of Distinction/ Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
The Staple Singers/ Respect Yourself
Betty Wright/ Clean Up Woman

This is just the beginning of the evening.

The SL-1500 is a classic, along with those classic Soul Grooves you are playing! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom