Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

I have a request for you when you open up your deck to replace the belts. I apparently accidentally pulled a ground wire loose from somewhere on the chassis when I was putting the transport back in and the deck won’t work.
Watch video.. you might be able to work it out.. or ask the guy who posted.

2019-02-27_14-21-25.jpg

My first Cassette deck in over 15 years! Nice to listen to my cassette collection again. I forgot how good type 4 tapes sound.
Denon DM-T620 CD/Cassette.
32298550107_b39c9d2cc3_c_d.jpg

Watch video.. you might be able to work it out.. or ask the guy who posted.

View attachment 1434162

Thanks for the video, but unfortunately his chassis is different than mine and there doesn’t appear to be wires attached to the chassis is the same manner as mine. I’m not sure the disconnected wire is the problem, but I can’t find out till I know where to connect it.

Anyone else have any ideas or pictures of a Pioneer CT-F500 chassis that shows where the 2 black wires re attached?

Great decks!

A small part of me wants to buy a Japanese super-deck, some metal cassettes (TDK MA / MA-XG of course) and an old school Walkman with some decent cans!

I could of course get a pair of wireless cans and use my iphone, but somehow I don't feel so inclined.

Great decks!

A small part of me wants to buy a Japanese super-deck, some metal cassettes (TDK MA / MA-XG of course) and an old school Walkman with some decent cans!

I could of course get a pair of wireless cans and use my iphone, but somehow I don't feel so inclined.

The iPhone and iPod are great, but it can't compare to a well recorded cassette in an old school Sony Walkman. The Walkman's headphones left much to be desired so I would update those and you've got a really enjoyable combination.

First post. Glad to be here.

Here are a couple RtoR units I have had awhile but only now am getting around to checking out.

The Akai GX 600DB needs some tlc. The tape runs too slow.

I just brought out the Teac A-2300S. and hope that all is well with it. Yes, it needs to be dusted off!

I am looking for a tech in tbe DFW area that can service reel to reels.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2762.JPG
    IMG_2762.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 55

Welcome Greg! Nice decks. I assume that is Dallas/FortWorth? There was a user here by the name of VintageTX that was a whizz at Teac (he might have been near Houston though). Not sure he is still around but you might try to find him. There is also the reel museum (reel2reeltexas.com) who have a ton of old decks and likely could recommend a good local tech.

Welcome Greg! Nice decks. I assume that is Dallas/FortWorth? There was a user here by the name of VintageTX that was a whizz at Teac (he might have been near Houston though). Not sure he is still around but you might try to find him. There is also the reel museum (reel2reeltexas.com) who have a ton of old decks and likely could recommend a good local tech.
Thanks!

First post. Glad to be here.

Here are a couple RtoR units I have had awhile but only now am getting around to checking out.

The Akai GX 600DB needs some tlc. The tape runs too slow.

I just brought out the Teac A-2300S. and hope that all is well with it. Yes, it needs to be dusted off!

Welcome to the AK community!!

Back
Top Bottom