Yamaha MX-2 Stereo Amplifier HCA Chip

Check your inbox Barry, I replied to your inquiry and got you covered.

FYI, I did a little looking and this chip seems to be prevalent in many of the AX- model receivers as well. Perhaps a wise person would do well to snatch up any parts unit they come across if they can verify its presence.
Good advice.

I've got an MX-1 and it would be a damn shame if it lost a channel due of a bad HCA IC. AK'er amr2 researched which Yamaha gear used the BA3122N, and here's a link to the thread he started:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....perbolic-conversion-amplification-hca.737425/

"The Yamaha AX-730, AX-930, AX-1050, and AX-1070 used the BA3122 N HCA IC and it is believed it was used in the AX-1090, but this is not so far confirmed."

I have to think they're a pretty durable IC considering what some of them have been through.

Barry, I can ask you for that IC if you want. I have a friend working in a Yamaha Service Center.

Barry, I can ask you for that IC if you want. I have a friend working in a Yamaha Service Center.

Do you think they hoard those parts?

The place I ordered these from 8 years ago, encompass, no longer has stock. Sadly, I only ordered 2 at the time thinking I would need them to effect my MX-1 repair.

"The Yamaha AX-730, AX-930, AX-1050, and AX-1070 used the BA3122 N HCA IC and it is believed it was used in the AX-1090, but this is not so far confirmed."

AX-1090 = Confirmed. IC 603 & 604 = XG609A00 = BA3122N.

Cheers,
James

Last edited:
Do you think they hoard those parts?

The place I ordered these from 8 years ago, encompass, no longer has stock. Sadly, I only ordered 2 at the time thinking I would need them to effect my MX-1 repair.

Probably not...

Were you ever successful in finding that BA3122N IC? I need one for a MX-1 and so far have had no luck finding a source.
Thanks,
Joe

My MX-2 is up and running again today, thanks to a generous trade by a fellow AKer. I currently have it playing through some test speakers (8 in woofers setting in the cardboard box they came in) for a day or so before I hook it up in a better system. Thanks AKers that participated in the thread for your help!

Hallo gantleman, Im also looking this part (XG609A00) for my YAMAHA MX-1. Is anyone willing to sell it to me or know a source where to get it?
Thanks

I'd like to find an equivalent circuit that would work in it's place. A circuit diagram with component specifications would be ideal.

I think I have found a solution! :jump:
It was very much work for me to find good parts for the circuit...
I will write a post about the topic soon and link it here.
Here a pictures, where I have installed my developed circuit board.
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
Currently, the MX-2 runs already 3 days with the self-constriction in both channels without problems.

I think I have found a solution! :jump:
It was very much work for me to find good parts for the circuit...
I will write a post about the topic soon and link it here.
Here a pictures, where I have installed my developed circuit board.
View attachment 2294911

View attachment 2294913
Currently, the MX-2 runs already 3 days with the self-constriction in both channels without problems.

This is a very interesting development. It would make a nice backup for MX owners. I'm waiting with interest to read more.

Cheers,
James

Back
Top Bottom