Anyone going to Axpona next month?

I have one day - Friday - going to try to hit all the high points.

-Geoff
Man O'Man I want to go!
I'm most especially want to see the MBL exhibit !..
And then check out the local Michigan Speaker Company SALK Sound !

Edited:

Lol

Last edited:
Man O'Man I want to go!
I'm most especially want to see the MBL exhibit !..
And then check out the local Michigan Speaker Company SALK Sound !

It sounds like a lot of fun I just wish it was in Novi at the expo Center or any place other than Detroit..
Detroit just doesn't have ample parking!!!

Would you be more interested if it was in Shamburg IL?

I must have missed a memo someplace... When did AXPONA move to Detroit?
Here's where I made the mistake..
The original poster of this discussion is from Detroit metro area...
And then when I looked at AXPONA website I saw the word ( Renaissance )..
Without carefully reading I made quick assumptions that it was at the Renaissance Center in Detroit...
Speed reading without being careful enough to look closely at the details..

I'm brain dead sometimes, and I wonder how I made it this far in life...lol

Without carefully reading I made quick assumptions that it was at the Renaissance Center in Detroit...

By the "Renaissance Center" can I assume you mean "The GMRENCEN?" In July 2015, the complex was re-branded and its logo was modernized. "Reflecting a New Detroit" was introduced as the new tagline.

LOL

Here's where I made the mistake..
The original poster of this discussion is from Detroit metro area...
And then when I looked at AXPONA website I saw the word ( Renaissance )..
Speed reading without being careful enough to look closely at the details..

I'm brain dead sometimes, and I wonder how I made it this far in life...lol

Ah, an easy mistake to make. No worries!

And our half-obtuse, half-sarcastic replies didn’t help, I’m sure. :D

Next Friday! Never been before - so how much is my wife going to hate it? She does like looking at old records at least...

-Geoff

Next Friday! Never been before - so how much is my wife going to hate it? She does like looking at old records at least...

-Geoff
I went once a few years ago but am also going for Friday only this year. Last time I don't think
I saw ten women there all day. Virtually no one under 30 either. There should be some used record vendors--there was when I was there. She might like some of the seminars or musical performances.

No used record vendors that I remember, ever. And it depends about the age, some Fathers bring their sons, etc. Just depends.
I bought some used records in one of the vendors rooms. It wasn't much of a display. Just kind of a little side thing.

-Geoff

My wife really enjoys it.

And by 'it' I mean the time I spend away from home without forcing her to listen to new systems with me.

YMMV

Reactions: DC
I went once a few years ago but am also going for Friday only this year. Last time I don't think
I saw ten women there all day. Virtually no one under 30 either. There should be some used record vendors--there was when I was there. She might like some of the seminars or musical performances.
I'm going to be in Algonquin IL visiting my kids and grandkids. I sent the link to my son. Looks like I'll be going Saturday with my 16 year old grandson.

I'm going to be in Algonquin IL visiting my kids and grandkids. I sent the link to my son. Looks like I'll be going Saturday with my 16 year old grandson.
I'm sure you'll have a great time. The hobby certainly could use more young blood.

Back
Top Bottom