What was the last movie you watched?

Captain Marvel - A decent movie. A good character, but maybe not Marvel's best origin story movie. Not as tight, and thought out. A little inconsistent. Still, I liked it, and it helped tide over my wait for Avenger's: Endgame.

Last edited:
Dang, this is the second or third reference to this docufilm, which I would dearly like to see, but bein' stuck in France, well, there's little chance of it unless it runs on the "Arte" network, which means it'll be dubbed in effin' French (these beasts have no regard for original language and befoul everything w/ aggressively loud overdubbing). Now, OTOH, if the Deutsch "faction" of the "Arte" enterprise airs it, there will be English w/ German subs. The German-produced material re: "Arte" is much preferred to what they spew outta France (Paris, probably). I live here so I can say these things.

At least here in Canada it is available on Netflix.

Different, but a good movie. Did not expect James Taylor and Beach Boy Dennis Wilson to be among the stars of the film.

There was a lot of buzz about that movie when it came out but it fizzled. I went to see it expecting great things but no dice.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I noticed an old VHS of this on one of the shelves and put it on. I had not seen it in maybe 20 years. Great fun just like I remembered! Maybe I will go dig up Mary Poppins.

The Favorite.
Very lush "art house" period piece production somewhat reminicient of Dangerous Liasons at its core.

View attachment 1446946

Different, but a good movie. Did not expect James Taylor and Beach Boy Dennis Wilson to be among the stars of the film.
Let`s not forget the late, great Warren Oates as "GTO", and Laurie Byrd ("The Girl"), who later appeared in Woody Allen`s "Manhattan".
Definitely a minimalist-dialog film, most of which centered around the likes of "That Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torqueflite"....

"3 Days Of The Condor" (1975) Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Max Von Sydow, Cliff Robertson

Cold War political drama, in which Redford is code-named Condor, at the small CIA sub-station located in an old brownstone in NYC. One rainy afternoon, Condor ducks out the unauthorized rear exit, which tunnels under a couple of buildings, and exits on the next block over, providing a shortcut to his favorite luncheonette. Upon returning from lunch, he discovers that the section has been hit by assassins, and his fellow co-workers are now dead.
Condor takes a loaded .45 from the receptionist`s desk, and heads out to a payphone, where he is told to lay low, do not return to Section, or to his apartment. Out of desperation, he kidnaps a woman named Cathy, and forces her to let him hide out at her place. Of course, she thinks he is a nut job, but eventually sees that they are both in danger.
Condor is a document analyst, not a field agent, but his instincts are good, and he is able to maneuver through some sticky situations.
IMHO, this film has stood the test of time pretty well, it still holds your interest.

Caught one the other night that I thought was great...but not for all.

It was, 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (2011) which takes place in India. It's dialogue driven, so don't expect much action. Also, If not into Brit-type humour then make a pass on this one.

The cast of elders, with Judi Dench being the most notable, buy unseen, into a falling apart hotel of which the antics of the hotel manager make for light hearted sessions of successive laughs.

It scored pretty good with Joe Public rating as a 7.3.

For what it's worth, I liked it!:thumbsup:

Q

Last edited:
Donnie Darko (01)

Yes, no, maybe ? Still thinking on it.

The extended version makes more sense. Sort of. It also lets you see more of Drew Barrymore's acting, which is worth watching.

It is an oddball sort of movie, which makes it right up my alley. But not everyone will appreciate it.

The extended version makes more sense. Sort of. It also lets you see more of Drew Barrymore's acting, which is worth watching.

It is an oddball sort of movie, which makes it right up my alley. But not everyone will appreciate it.

It definitely leaves a lot to your imagination, I'll look for the extended version.

Back
Top Bottom