What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Pet peeve, yeaah - 'Hot cars' (no, not that kind :rolleyes:).

The ones where people have the heater turned up too much :( so you keep falling asleep - well, I do anyway. :)

Wife turned on the seat heater under me the other day in her recently acquired sedan, the first car we have ever had with seat heaters. I started to feel uncomfortably warm and sure enough that dang switch was thrown without mah informed consent. I said Honey, you want me to get swamp-ass? Cause that's how I get swamp-ass. I know she's trying to be nice but hands off the butt-warmer please.

Came across a peeve of a couple who stopped at a red light, only to have their car start to vibrate due to the excessive volume of music blasting away along side them. The driver turns to his wife and says, "He'll be deaf before he's 25". "It won't help us", replied the wife. "He'll only turn it up!"

I grinned. :) You might too.

Q

Driving with blinkers on. Add in high beams and an unwillingness to clean snow off of the rear window and you've got yourself a trifecta.

And those god d#@%^$# ultra bright newer type of lights that blind the s#$% outta ya! And if it's a truck on tall tires?

So, you flick your brights (thinking they forgot to dim), and they in turn now hit you with their brights...and now you are truly blinded!

If with these type of pure whites are on the vehicle, they should be retested for true focus maybe every two years. This might mitigate some the effects of these two bright stars coming at you.

Q

Driving with blinkers on. Add in high beams and an unwillingness to clean snow off of the rear window and you've got yourself a trifecta.

I found out why that happens at least some of the time. If the indicator bulb in your dash goes out, and the music is cranked up so you can't hear the little click-click of the relay, you drive with your blinker on like an idiot. Happened to me last year. :dunno: And even after I knew about it and tried not to do it, sometimes I still did.

I found out why that happens at least some of the time. If the indicator bulb in your dash goes out, and the music is cranked up so you can't hear the little click-click of the relay, you drive with your blinker on like an idiot. Happened to me last year. :dunno: And even after I knew about it and tried not to do it, sometimes I still did.
I am going to offer that the situation you describe is very rare; I have never had an indicator dash bulb go out. Besides, most since 2010 are LEDs anyway.

I will asume that it is more likely the pandemic of not attending to driving details, and rarely looking at the dash and gauges.

I got a telemarketer call from Sheraton hotels on my cell this afternoon. Promising a fabulous vacation to some far off destination. I stayed on the line to speak to a human. I spoke in an agitated voice "I keep telling you people I'm on probation and can't travel so stop calling me" then I hung up. Sooner or later, they'll learn.

I got a telemarketer call from Sheraton hotels on my cell this afternoon. Promising a fabulous vacation to some far off destination. I stayed on the line to speak to a human. I spoke in an agitated voice "I keep telling you people I'm on probation and can't travel so stop calling me" then I hung up. Sooner or later, they'll learn.

:thumbsup:, good one..

I REALLY don't know how the Scammers from Olde Indio can make money on offering to Lower your Eenterest rates on yr Credit Key-yards. They also must think EVERYBODY in Tennessee are stoopder than Jethro Bodine, 'cause I think EVERY Pr!ck w/ears has called me at least once. They tell you NOT to answer them, but now the scammers "Spoof" every call, you can't tell if its legit or one of THEM.I had a local restaurant call me 2X the other day, they'd spoofed MY number to call him. And its gotten so bad, you barely get hung up from one of 'em B4 ANOTHER one calls.The Gummint is NO effin' help-They piously claim its all off shore, or 1st amendment stuff, so they can't touch it,

I REALLY don't know how the Scammers from Olde Indio can make money on offering to Lower your Eenterest rates on yr Credit Key-yards. They also must think EVERYBODY in Tennessee are stoopder than Jethro Bodine, 'cause I think EVERY Pr!ck w/ears has called me at least once. They tell you NOT to answer them, but now the scammers "Spoof" every call, you can't tell if its legit or one of THEM.I had a local restaurant call me 2X the other day, they'd spoofed MY number to call him. And its gotten so bad, you barely get hung up from one of 'em B4 ANOTHER one calls.The Gummint is NO effin' help-They piously claim its all off shore, or 1st amendment stuff, so they can't touch it,
Our state has introduced legislation to stop the spoofers. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ANOTHER thing that sets me off-As if I really needed ANYTHING else-is how disgustingly CHEAP & SHODDY so many things nowadays are.. The Wife bought a tote bag from the grocery store-Trying to be a good Green Citizen & all that Horseshyte, y'know- Well tonite we had occaision to use it. Bought a10 lb bag of ice at the local Sonic, along w/4 bottles of water, & it had tortilla shells in it as well. MAYBE 15 lbs, tops. I grabbed it, headed up the stairs to get into Casa De Unca Sandy, the 2 cloth handles popped off, they just came unstitched. But wait there's more.... I was struggling to NOT drop the ice, one bottle of water fell out, rolled off the porch. I'll get you in a minute, you bestige, I sez to meself... I grab the bag by the corner, it rips & all the rest of the contents scatter to the 4 winds. Naturally, it was effin' POURING, & I was w/o hat or coat. I dunno WTF she paid for that ridiculous POS, but I told her she oughta get her dough-Re-Me back. Seems like every time I try to Behaven Sie, & Do The Right Thing, I get it shoved up my Keester.. Grrrrrrrrrrr.... SCREW all you Green Weinie types, I'll pour used motor oil in the prettiest creek around, round up all the old tires I can find, douse 'em w/gas, set 'em alight, & might even rip off a bunch of "Do NOT Remove This Tag" off some mattresses... Mbwahahahaha... Ain't I a Stinker ?!?

Worse when the 2 liters dive bomb after the flimsy plastic bags just disintegrate.Good luck opening them unless you fancy a shower!

Oooohhh, c'mon Sandy! I was all with you until you started talkin' about tags off of mattresses!

That I will Not abide!

Staplers. They don't tell you when there is only one staple left. So, you unknowingly use the last one, put the stapler back, and the next time you reach for it you're firing blanks. This has taken a year or two off my life. Somebody please come up with an "only one left" indicator.

Back
Top Bottom