Spotify Question

Maybe try clearing your cache and data? This page has some good suggestions.

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-apps-freezing-crashing-android/

Thanks, but I've pretty much done all that, spotify is on that list. Seems to be really slow when it changes album covers, sometimes the song will be half played or more before it changes completely to the next picture. If it's in this process and I do anything, pause, next, back etc, it locks. Having to wait halfway through a song you don't want to hear waiting for the picture to load is tough. lol

Thanks, but I've pretty much done all that, spotify is on that list. Seems to be really slow when it changes album covers, sometimes the song will be half played or more before it changes completely to the next picture. If it's in this process and I do anything, pause, next, back etc, it locks. Having to wait halfway through a song you don't want to hear waiting for the picture to load is tough. lol

Just FYI I don’t really have any of that. Maybe since I am always using iOS :dunno:.

I don't know man......I'd say try the paid version for a couple months. Twenty bucks and if you still don't dig it then can it.

My Spotify desktop is solid but using my phone as a remote to control it sometimes gets flaky. Most of the time it works great.

I've decided to delete the app and drop the unlimited music streaming from my phone. Pretty much found everything I want to hear I already own and this is all just a waist of money for me. Bunches of playlists that are grouped into a few bands and hearing the hit's are not my preference. Fighting with frozen screens and crashes is very frustrating too. Back to the thumb drive.

Thanks for the help.

this is all just a waist of money for me. Bunches of playlists that are grouped into a few bands and hearing the hit's are not my preference. Fighting with frozen screens and crashes is very frustrating too.
That's too bad. You really owed it to yourself to trial the paid version. More stable and So much more to it than what you describe and experienced.

My observations... I feel you lacked a certain amount of patience, tried a little too hard to "think out" the algorithms, and monkeyed with your collection too much for it to really shine like it has and does for so many. Again, You really owed it to yourself to trial the paid version.
#fairchancenot

You're welcome for the help. Glad your content with your thumb drive.

That's too bad. You really owed it to yourself to trial the paid version. More stable and So much more to it than what you describe and experienced.

My observations... I feel you lacked a certain amount of patience, tried a little too hard to "think out" the algorithms, and monkeyed with your collection too much for it to really shine like it has for so many. Again, You really owed it to yourself to trial the paid version.
#fairchancenot

You're welcome for the help. Glad your content with your thumb drive.

Couldn’t agree more.

And good luck.

IMHO .. the biggest problem w/ computer audio is the fact that's it's a computer based system. :rolleyes:
You have to futz around w/ the things to get them to work right sometimes. Been that way since 1981 when I first started working with them

To avoid drops outs on Tidal (lossy) .. I stream the "web player" on my Laptop and the "desktop" app on my PC.
:dunno: .. if I try it the other way around .. I have problems. Why is not something that concerns me. All I care about is getting the system to work. :cool:

Last edited:
And it knows I just picked up the phone and started using it. Not using the app at all, just the phone and it starts sending me ads.

I know everything snoops, especially Google/Android, but this is just ridiculous. Probably why it locks up and crashes.

Screenshot_2019-03-15-15-24-22.png

Back
Top Bottom