Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

My harman/kardon TD420

harman-kardon-td420-00-a_orig.jpg

harman-kardon-td420-04.jpg

harman-kardon-td420-08.jpg

Winding motor was defective. Replaced with replacement winding motor. Adjustment and calibration .... works perfectly again.
Out of curiosity, how many tape decks do you own? You have really nice examples of dozens of highly regarded machines.

Out of curiosity, how many tape decks do you own? You have really nice examples of dozens of highly regarded machines.

So many tapedecks I do not really have. I think the number is about 10 to 15 pieces. But I always have equipment for repair here. From time to time I also sell a tapedeck.

Recently got my Aiwa XK-009 I bought new back in 88 back up and running. Was left with a family member while I lived in the U.S.A, ended up in storage for about 12 years. Belts had melted into goo, so I replaced them, works like a champ now. I need to eventually replace all the RCA inputs and outputs as they have become brittle.

I just recorded Dark Side of the Moon and my wife was blown away as she cannot hear any difference between the recorded tape and the hi res FLAC file. Like most people she hasn't heard a top of the line deck before and now understands why I spent so much time getting the deck back up and running. I was intending on selling it, but she "loves the pretty lights" and want me to keep it lol.20181008_184500-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom