UPS keeps rescheduling delivery date, should I be worried?

deaner33

Drew loves Thin Lizzy
Subscriber
It keeps getting pushed back a day on the online tracking information. The original delivery date was supposed to be last Wednesday. It's beginning to worry me, any advice on how to proceed?

Is the tracking info static, or does it show it moving around? Does the path cross the ice storm area? With 1/3 of OK blacked out (and a lot of the midwest, west of the mississippi) for up to 7 days (projected) and the other storms that have hit the east UPS may be having difficulty moving things, and of course then the lower priority stuff may just sit....

If you wish, PM me a tracking number and I'll take a look.

Well it arrived in Jackson (Brandon's essentially a suburb) on the 4th. I'll be sending you a PM...

tracking:

JACKSON,MS, US 12/05/2007 10:23 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
JACKSON,MS, US 12/04/2007 7:27 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS,IL, US 12/03/2007 3:58 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS,IL, US 12/02/2007 5:10 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SHREWSBURY,MA, US 12/01/2007 2:36 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHREWSBURY,MA, US 11/30/2007 11:52 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NORWOOD,MA, US 11/30/2007 10:57 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
....................... 11/30/2007 8:13 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

This is just plain pitiful. It's supposedly at it's destination (where it would hit a truck) since the FIFTH... It's the ELEVENTH.... That box is LOST in a corner somewhere.... the next step is usually "out for delivery"..

I would call:

UPS U.S. Customer Service

Package Services
For Domestic Services below 150 lbs.:
1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877)

and give them the tracking number, and ask why it's been sitting at it's destination for a WEEK without being delivered....
I would NOT beat up the person at the other end of the phone....

Thanks, I'll be calling them tomorrow from work (if they have any sort of caller ID it'll say State of MS). I'll let everyone know the resolution.

start worrying if you see "package exception"

It's christmas shipping season...the status you copied and pasted looks normal.

When you talk to UPS, ask which of those scans are LOGIC scans or PHYSICAL scans - a Logic scan simply means that your package SHOULD be where its shown to be - it does not mean its actually there. (But the cargo container your package was SUPPOSED to be in did arrive) Only a Physical scan can be truly trusted, especially at this time of year.

If I were you, I'd be calling the shipper to put a tracer on that package - only the shipper can start a trace.

When you talk to UPS, ask which of those scans are LOGIC scans or PHYSICAL scans - a Logic scan simply means that your package SHOULD be where its shown to be - it does not mean its actually there. (But the cargo container your package was SUPPOSED to be in did arrive) Only a Physical scan can be truly trusted, especially at this time of year.

If I were you, I'd be calling the shipper to put a tracer on that package - only the shipper can start a trace.

I should have looked at this before I called UPS. The person I spoke with at UPS said to do just what you said: contact the shipper, which I will do when I get home from work (I don't have my order email on my work computer). I must say that the person I spoke with at UPS was very nice & admitted something must be wrong with the shipment-she didn't solve my problem, but I didn't come away from the conversation upset.

Quick update:

Dean -

We have heard back from UPS, they have been unable to locate your package,
we will re-ship your order to you today.
We apologize for the delay, we will ship this via USPS Priority Mail,Del.
Conf. # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
Have a great holiday.
Please reply to this email if you have further questions.
Please keep this message thread so I have our previous information.

Thank you for your business.

Dave - Guitarfetish.com

Note that it's not being sent UPS this time.

Same thing happened to me this week. UPS lost a package...stated "EXCEPTION" at the top of the tracking information. Swore to me they couldn't locate it so I had the shipper put a tracer on it yesterday morning and last night at 8pm they delivered it after it went missing for days.

I think a big thank you to Dave at Guitarfetish is in order for not giving you the old "We have to wait until they locate the package" line. Must be an OK company! :yes:

I think a big thank you to Dave at Guitarfetish is in order for not giving you the old "We have to wait until they locate the package" line. Must be an OK company! :yes:

Yes, they're a nice company, good prices, quality gear & good customer service, which unfortunately is somewhat of a rarity nowadays.

They just lost my speaker cable. I keep hoping to see the "exception" because they need the package to scan in order to post that. Mine made it out for delivery but that was it. This is the second package in a row they have lost on me. I friggin give up. They are not the company they once were. :thumbsdn:

Second package arrived today. What happens with the first package? Does UPS reimburse Guitarfetish or does Guitarfetish take a loss on the missing package?

Second package arrived today. What happens with the first package? Does UPS reimburse Guitarfetish or does Guitarfetish take a loss on the missing package?

UPS auto insures you for $100, anything else would have to been added by Guitarfetish. Atleast $100(depending what it cost you) will go back to them after the paperwork.

Zombie post that appeared to be SPAM from a "New Member"
on an 11 year old thread was just deleted.

Back
Top Bottom