Poll

Laemmle

Forgetting threatrical motion pictures, what is your most memorable music soundtrack from a TV show or mini series...........

I'll start the poll:

For me a no-brainer.............Victory At Sea......penned by the musical genius Richard Rogers. Pristine Shaded Dog pressings will explode out of your properly set up McSystems............ just wait till Sony/BMG mines their LSP back catalog for SACD:yes::banana::thmbsp:

Forgetting threatrical motion pictures, what is your most memorable music soundtrack from a TV show or mini series...........

I'll start the poll:

For me a no-brainer.............Victory At Sea......penned by the musical genius Richard Rogers. Pristine Shaded Dog pressings will explode out of your properly set up McSystems............ just wait till Sony/BMG mines their LSP back catalog for SACD:yes::banana::thmbsp:

I love Victory At Sea!! I hope that does come out on SACD :thmbsp:

I love Victory At Sea!! I hope that does come out on SACD :thmbsp:

I grew to love that music............watching the show with my father who was a WW2 vet.........thanks dad you were an amazing man, as I age I truly understand all you did and all you were.:tears::thmbsp:

I'll start the poll:

The soundtrack to Ken Burns' Civil War series that was on PBS. Absolutely haunting, sometimes mournful music.

Hmmm,

TV Show or Miniseries? Well, there are several that are very memorable:

Babylon 5
Lost in Space
Star Trek (several of the series)
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Kolchak, The Night Stalker (original series)
Victory At Sea (RCA Shaded Dogs and MFSL versions)
Ken Burns' The Civil War

Of this group, Victory at Sea is by far the best when it comes to the quality of the recording available.

The Noble Geek

At completely opposite ends of the spectrum, a tossup between:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling (composed by series creator Joss Whedon, performed by the cast)

and

Angels in America (HBO miniseries), by Thomas Newman

Band of Brothers
The three Battlestar Galactica seasons
Firefly

Great music and great recordings with lots of dynamic swing

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BandOfBrothers.jpg
    BandOfBrothers.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 122
  • FireFly.jpg
    FireFly.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 121
Also very enjoyable

Rome
Carnivale

attachment.php

attachment.php

both by Jeff Beal

Attachments

• Rome.jpg
    Rome.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Carnivale.jpg
    Carnivale.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 113
Children of Dune by Brian Tyler would also make my list... you would never suspect it was from a SciFi Channel miniseries. In fact, several of the themes pop up in theatrical trailers from time to time.

For me, it has gotta be "Woke Up This Morning"...opening theme from the Sopranos. A very menacing rocker by Alabama 3.

Theme from "Tucker's Witch'. No, you never saw it. Another was "The Feather & Father Gang". One from my misspent youth was a Sat morning show, "Tomfoolery".

Theme from early 50's tv show Captain Video,(was Wagnerian, possibly, but maybe not), early, not later, 20-mule team borax western theater program theme, and early, not later, theme from dragnet series. There also was a pbs series about British imperial India that had a trumpet march theme that was catchy.

Back
Top Bottom