• Murmur (1983) - R.E.M.
  • 1984 (1984) - Van Halen
  • So (1986) - Peter Gabriel
  • Pretenders (1980) - Pretenders
  • The Nightfly (1982) - Donald Fagen
  • The End Of Innocence (1989) - Don Henley
  • Hunting High & Low (1985) - A-Ha

How bouts The Cars Greatest Hits.

Oh my, since you got me diggin out 80's tunes, I just dug out Vern Gosdin's Super Hits. I'll have to play this one again ( my way ) after the kids are gone to school :yes:

How bouts The Cars Greatest Hits.

Oh my, since you got me diggin out 80's tunes, I just dug out Vern Gosdon's Super Hits. I'll have to play this one again ( my way ) after the kids are gone to school :yes:

That was the whole idea. :)

Ry Cooder - Borderline, 1980

Oh my, since you got me diggin out 80's tunes, I just dug out Vern Gosdon's Super Hits. I'll have to play this one again ( my way ) after the kids are gone to school :yes:
As in Vern & Rex, 'The Gosdin Brothers'?
Also, as in, Gene Clark with the Gosdin Brothers?

The Pretenders - The Pretenders EP. It features Porcelain, one of most furious pieces of rock 'n' roll around, Cuban Slide, and a nice live version of Precious.
Duran Duran - Duran Duran. It features an all time great line "you are as easy as a nuclear war"
Rachel Sweet - Protect the Innocent (1980)

In many cases, I'll really like only one song from an album:

Bananarama: He was really saying something from Deep Sea Skiving, and Nathan Jones from Wow
The Motels: Suddenly Last Summer from Little Robbers
The Bongoes: Space Jungle from Beat Hotel, which I always follow with the Bangles' Different Light
Romeo Void: Never Say Never from Benefactor

Some albums that have an 80's flavor to them were actually made in the late seventies:

Blondie - Parallel Lines (1978)
The Motels - The Motels (1979), featuring two songs I really like, Total Control and Celia

No 80s playlist can be complete without some Madonna....

2303465775_95393f7e1e.jpg

Tears for Fears Welcome to the big chair followed by the 92 release of Elemental

Dokken Dysfunctional

Y&T 1990 release of Contageous

Back
Top Bottom