Who was the tall thin guy with the bag of records??

MrGee

Stereotomus Lobotomus
There was a tall thin guy with black hair who had a KICKIN copy of Allman "Laid Back" that was a Capricorn pressing, with a sound that I NEVER heard before.
He was carrying a canvas bag of sweet vinyl, all bagged in protectors and el perfecto.
I would very much like to contact him for details on the other vinyl he had with him. Are you on the site here?

Okay, thanks a lot guys!

The AudioKarma missing persons task force. Always on the job 24/7, keeping your vinyl safe... :)

Rob is one of many SMAC guys I enjoyed talking to. We had some good conversation Saturday night late.

Mike

Rob always has good records. He has a wonderful pressing of Van Morrison's Moondance too.

What is SMAC??

(Southern Michigan Audio Club...???)

Yes. Southern Michigan Audio Club. An open group of folks who get together about once per month at one of our homes.Great times with great people. Unfortunately, due to my schedule and distance from the Detroit area, I don't get to make too many of the meetings, but they are fun! If you are local and want to give it a try... contact AK member Jeff Mathers "Jmathers" on AK, and request that you be added to the monthly meeting email notice. He'll get you setup and you'll get notified of our upcoming meetings by e-mail.. Jeff Rocks!:thmbsp:

I wish I could be a part of that, but I am more than too far away. Thanks for the offer though :)

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Hey all, I understand there's a little fuss goin’ on in these parts about some alleged tall dark stranger slingin' first pressings and white label promo’s on unsuspecting turntables where ever he goes?! Nop, never heard of him. He, he, he! (At this very moment, what would Clint Eastwood do?) I could probably pass a word or two along to him, if we happened to cross paths…

Happy (hot stamper) Listening! :beatnik:

Hey all, I understand there's a little fuss goin’ on in these parts about some alleged tall dark stranger slingin' first pressings and white label promo’s on unsuspecting turntables where ever he goes?! Nop, never heard of him. He, he, he! (At this very moment, what would Clint Eastwood do?) I could probably pass a word or two along to him, if we happened to cross paths…

Happy (hot stamper) Listening! :beatnik:

Was that you that had the Shawn Phillips album? That's all I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. :thmbsp:

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Was that you that had the Shawn Phillips album? That's all I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. :thmbsp:

No, that was John Wolff's album (Classic Audio Reproductions). We were having a conversation about Shawn Phillips album Second Contribution 1971 and such... I don't remember the title John was playing. I believe it was more recent.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

SMAC huh...

Had I only had the money to buy Grandparent's house in Melvin I could have been a member. As everyone in South Eastern MI knows all audio roads run through Melvin... :)

Bonus point for finding that little burg on the map...

All kidding aside it sounds like a great little gathering.

Back
Top Bottom