Suggestion for Next Fest

Nevermind......posted before I read that others have already mentioned my idea

Last edited:
Why wasn't that a good idea when I said it? ;)

Ray

I would have used the cooking show format. You still do some of the work but don't have to "paint the whole house" Static stuff is like reading an instruction manual. If work is being done it will stick in.....my....head more

How about a informal get together with an open bar Friday night?? It would help break the ice and match faces to names.

How about a informal get together with an open bar Friday night?? It would help break the ice and match faces to names.

A lot of people that attend the Fest are not in the hotel Friday night. 95% of the people I meet at the Fest didn't need any Ice breaking. and most of the FEST was an informal get together. It has been my limited experiance that drinking at the Fest requires no event LOL. It is an event.

A follow-up thought on the workshop suggestions, particularly speaker refoaming and turntable/cartridge setup.

From the end of the first Fest until now this has been one of the most commonly suggested topics. Trying to do it in the small listening rooms has always been the killer. However...

Now we're in an actual hotel, with actual facilities. For all of the mods who were in attendance at Sunday's lunch, think about that small conference room. We could set up a workbench/table at one end, on a raised platform, with a small video camera pointed at the speaker being refoamed, or the turntable being set up. The video camera would be connected to a laptop and projector, which would be showing the work on a screen, which could be easily seen by the attending crowd sitting in several rows of chairs.

We could do speaker refoaming demonstrations and turntable setup demonstrations several times a day on both days. This could be one of the things advertised in advance, with registrations for workshops being done at the same time you register for the Fest.

Come to AK Fest '09, and learn how to replace the surrounds on your speakers! Learn how to set up that turntable! Sign up now! Bring a friend!:D

A follow-up thought on the workshop suggestions, particularly speaker refoaming and turntable/cartridge setup.

From the end of the first Fest until now this has been one of the most commonly suggested topics. Trying to do it in the small listening rooms has always been the killer. However...

Now we're in an actual hotel, with actual facilities. For all of the mods who were in attendance at Sunday's lunch, think about that small conference room. We could set up a workbench/table at one end, on a raised platform, with a small video camera pointed at the speaker being refoamed, or the turntable being set up. The video camera would be connected to a laptop and projector, which would be showing the work on a screen, which could be easily seen by the attending crowd sitting in several rows of chairs.

We could do speaker refoaming demonstrations and turntable setup demonstrations several times a day on both days. This could be one of the things advertised in advance, with registrations for workshops being done at the same time you register for the Fest.

Come to AK Fest '09, and learn how to replace the surrounds on your speakers! Learn how to set up that turntable! Sign up now! Bring a friend!:D

If this hotel has conference rooms and caters to conventions and the like, it's quite likely they have some of this a/v equipment already available and ready to use.

Back
Top Bottom