Best looking Amplifier - Your pick??

No offense, those ML amps remind me too much of PC cases.

I second that. The same goes for Classé Omega monoblocks and I'm a longtime Classé owner and fan.

OmegaMono.jpg

I have to put the Yamaha MX-2000 into the vote, I think it is better proportioned than the MX-10000. It even betters the Technics and Sony, witch in my eyes is too much meters (but nize :yes: ).

And I must say there are some really nice looking amps here; to say one is THE best looking amp is not possible. We can make categories but that is as close as we can get.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mx2000_post2.jpg
    mx2000_post2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 829
I keep looking for the tube amps that look like the kitchen cabinet exploded. THey look like pots and teapots and such. Very high end, and custom built. I can't remember the guys name, but BY far the coolest looking amps I have ever seen..

"Electron Luv"?

I have to put the Yamaha MX-2000 into the vote, I think it is better proportioned than the MX-10000. It even betters the Technics and Sony, witch in my eyes is too much meters (but nize :yes: ).

And I must say there are some really nice looking amps here; to say one is THE best looking amp is not possible. We can make categories but that is as close as we can get.

attachment.php

Me like meters....

Ooooooooohhhh.....nice

If a person likes meters.. I think it's impossible to surpass those MASSIVE blue glowing McIntosh monos...

I wished I could see a pair in person.. haven't yet... I can only try and dream what they sound like.

Denon POA 1500

It's not just the looks, but the wonderfull sound as well.

This is my second POA 1500. The first I bought new in '83,
and sold when I ran into financial problems later. The one
I currently own, I acquired from a fellow AKer.

To me, this is a gorgeous amp.

Dave

Attachments

• Denon.jpg
    Denon.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 126
It's not just the looks, but the wonderfull sound as well.

This is my second POA 1500. The first I bought new in '83,
and sold when I ran into financial problems later. The one
I currently own, I acquired from a fellow AKer.

To me, this is a gorgeous amp.

Dave

Dave- didn't know you had one! Indeedy, fantastic amps!

If a person likes meters.. I think it's impossible to surpass those MASSIVE blue glowing McIntosh monos...

I wished I could see a pair in person.. haven't yet... I can only try and dream what they sound like.

We should do a drive to the McIntosh factory. I plan to do it sometime since it is only 3 hours from my new place.

attachment.php

Must agree -- the MX-2000 is a real work of art, and seems perfect to me. A real beauty!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom