What's your favorite "B" movie?

Big Tuna

Too Much Power!
ok everyone, tell me what your favorite B movie is and why. I am curious since some of my favorite ones are older B movies that are not on DVD. This country is so capitalistic when it comes to movie availabilty, and some are very hard to find even on VHS or Laserdisc. Some sellers know what they have and ask a stratospheric price for them:(simply because they know you can't get it anywhere else and lack of competition. My favorites are:
1. The Invisible Kid-Chynna Phillips and Jay Underwood
2. Limit Up-Nancy Allen
3. Sticky Fingers-Helen Slater and Melanie Mayron
4. Mannequin 2 On The Move-William Ragsdale and Kristy Swanson
5. Howard the Duck-Lea Thompson Tim Robbins
6. Showdown-Billy Blanks and Christine Taylor
7. Back in Action-Billy Blanks and Roddy Roddy Piper
8. Meatballs III-Introducing a very young Patrick Dempsey(he doesn't make it known, but he is in fact the grandson of boxing legend Jack Dempsey)
9. Thunder in Paradise-Hulk Hogan and Chris Lemmon
10. Solarbabies-Richard Jordan and Lukas Haas
11. Slipstream-Mark Hamill, Bill Paxton and Kitty Aldridge
12. Hercules- Lou Ferrigno
13. No Holds Barred-Hulk Hogan and "Tiny" Lister Jr.
14. Santa With Muscles-Hulk Hogan
I like all these because I used to have an adventurous spirit when i was a kid and I would believe anything anybody told me, lol! Now I love them because they are a nostalgia trip for me. And because all of these have memorable lines and believe it or not, very good acting, heheh! They are classics now and just plain fun to watch:yes:

Charlie:nutz:

Here's one: Return of the Vampire, directed by Lew Landers, starring Bela Lugosi as the vampire of course. This time around he has a Wolfman sidekick who speaks (with a proper british accent), and it all takes place during the London Blitz! A bomb revives him and the poor Londoners have a vampire, a wolfman and the Nazis to worry about.

Really? too cool.. It was a movie that just always stuck with me..

It's also the first time I had ever seen Flea appear in anything..

Tin Men
The Fisher King
Teaching Mrs. Tingle
white Man's Burden
The Ref
Motel Hell
Rock Star

Just to name a few

Really? too cool.. It was a movie that just always stuck with me..

It's also the first time I had ever seen Flea appear in anything..

Yeah... I also went to high school with one of the guys in D.I. who played on the soundtrack for the movie. All the extras in that movie were real deal punks from Orange County, CA. Orange County (especially my area...) was well known for great punk bands. There's some sad stories behind some of those old punkers. Most of the ones I knew are either in jail, dead or are junkies. They were all my freinds since I was a little kid.:tears:

Amazon Women on the Moon - it's a spoof of B movies from the 80s that still cracks me up.

Here's a clip of the trailer.

And here's a clip of the Video Pirates segment.

Check it out- you'll love it!

While on YouTube finding the above video clips, I also found this clip from Amazon Women on the Moon that just completely cracks me up...

Wow, you guys got some really cool responses. Most of your B movies I never even heard of, lol! Cool stuff man:)

There's a few more I can't recall right now but if i do some digging, I bet I can come up with them, hehehe!

Best B movie ever... FRANKENHOOKER

Also anything by Russ Meyer.

Repo Man and all the Evil Dead movies get my vote too (gotta love the soundtrack to Repo Man...).

I'll throw Barfly in there also.

The fourteen Sherlock Holmes movies from the 40's, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. I also dig the Charlie Chan movies from the same era.

Back
Top Bottom