Cassette only playlist

NYListens

CBGB & OMFUG
I just rediscovered my cassettes from twenty years ago. Been listening to the Pixies Doolittle. I forgot I had the album, as it was on a blank cassette. Great find for me :music:

I have it on 180 gram modern vinyl. Damn good album!

As for cassettes... I like em too. Have a bunch, my latest listen was Genesis - Abacab on a mixtape

mozart; acad. of st. martin-in-the-field; neville marriner, cond.; original soundtrack, 'amadeus'.

fantasy chrome cassette.

moving on to:

don ellis orch., 'live at monterey jazz fest'.

on a tdk sa (something or other)-c90.

I have it on 180 gram modern vinyl. Damn good album!

As for cassettes... I like em too. Have a bunch, my latest listen was Genesis - Abacab on a mixtape

My tape was made from an LP back when it was a new album. I wouldn't mind having your version too.

I've just stacked a pile of cassettes to archive to CD/MP3 for easier access. This batch is store-bought albums that I don't have on any other media. Interesting group, should be fun to crank up during the process:

Coverdale/Page
Jimmy Page-Outrider
Bash & Pop-Friday Night is Killing Me
Dread Zeppelin-5,000,000*
Badlands-Voodoo Highway
Badlands
David Lee Roth-Your Filthy Little Mouth
Kink's X-Out of the Silent Planet
Lynch Mob-Wicked Sensation
Ratt-Detonator
Ratt-Dancing Undercover
The Vapors-New Clear Day

That should take me a little while, between splitting the tracks & then editing the MP3 tags.

je

I scored a briefcase full of casettes they were going to toss out while doing a clean up at my workplace. At least they know where to bring them.

Some were dubs, but there were a bunch of originals. I have my Onkyo TA-2050 pressed back into service for the winter. It's going to take me that long to wade through and listen to all of them.

I'll post some titles when I get a chance.

Picked up 5-for-a-dollar (+ 1) today at a thrift:

Veruca Salt- Eight Arms to Hold You
Whitesnake
The Firm
Tin Machine
Annie Lennox- Diva
Extreme- III Sides to Every Story

...just upgraded the tape deck in the van, too. If I could only figure out how to set the clock, I'd be really happy.

je

In the garage: recently spun my home-made compilation of one of my very favorite artists, Fela Kuti, entitled "FELA 2000". Dead give-away to the vintage.

I followed that with a cassette of a partial recording of a live Little Feat concert originally broadcast on "Austin City Limits".

I don't miss much about cassettes, but I do miss being able to pop one in on a moment's notice and start recording off of FM. Perhaps there is a way to do this direct to CD but if so, I need a clue...

I don't miss much about cassettes, but I do miss being able to pop one in on a moment's notice and start recording off of FM. Perhaps there is a way to do this direct to CD but if so, I need a clue...

Well, it's not DIRECT to CD, but you could put an Alesis MasterLink in your system. I record from video cameras, cassette, CD, LD, DVD, VHS, 8mm, DAT, PC, phono (w/preamp), live from a mixer...anything analog or digital. Easy enough to break into tracks, crop, and even fade in & out if you care to later.

je

pittsburgh symphony orch., 'brahms symphony'; w. steinberg, cond.

'everest'(?) factory cassette.:music: played on nak mr-1.

puccini, 'arias and duets'.

a sort of 'greatest hits' tape of excerpts from several of his operas. i'm just getting started at listening to opera-a new experience for me.

Back
Top Bottom