What do you think of June

Sounds great to me...I will be done with school by then. I am going to the 2009 AK Fest come hell or high water

No Date has been set yet. Still under consideration are April 25,26 and May 2,3. Most likely June 6 and 7 is out.

Winter months in Detroit are not condusive to those who drive in to the show. March is definately out after the great ice storm mess we had a few years ago.

Lone Star Audiofest

No Date has been set yet. Still under consideration are April 25,26 and May 2,3. Most likely June 6 and 7 is out.

I would appreciate it if you would not schedule AKfest for the first weekend in May. The Lone Star Audiofest has been held on the first weekend in May since 2005. When AKfest overlapped with LSAF in 2008, it was inconvenient to exhibitors that go to most regional shows. I think you remember Audio Note and others writing you to ask that you not schedule that day, as they try to attend both shows. So please mark that on your calendar and consider it when planning.

Sorry Wayne. May is the best month for us up here. Any time sooner and we could run in to snow as we had in years past.

June was not the intended date. April 25 and 26th was. Scheduling problems with the hotel hosed that. Nothing is set in stone yet.

The fest was supposed to be on my birthday(25th?).

Actually, if I ever make it to my 1st fest, which I really want to do, June works better for me.

JD

So what would have been wrong with June or July?

That would have allowed exhibitors to attend both shows, yours up north and ours down south. This kind of scheduling lets them cover both regions, and attendees can visit whichever is more convenient for them. Some would probably go to both shows.

As it stands, we have three or four regional shows a year. There's RMAF, LSAF and AKfest, sometimes VSAC. These are in distinctly different regions. Many exhibitors have expressed an interest in attending all of the shows because it gives them the best coverage. When you schedule a show that overlaps with another, that prohibits the smaller niche companies from attending one of them. Since they usually have few employees, often one-man shops, they can't be at both shows.

Since you've chosen the first weekend in May, I am not planning to do LSAF in 2009. I don't want to have two regional shows competing for the same group of exhibitors on the same weekend. It's difficult to get a block of rooms at a suitable hotel, nearly impossible when you try to reschedule near the event date. So your decision to take the same weekend we've used for years is more than an inconvenience.

The audio enthusiasts in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri and Arkansas are disadvantaged by this, and it is a sad thing to see. Dallas is an easy drive for them, making the LSAF a nice little mini vacation for many. Not having LSAF in 2009 leaves a void. It is a direct result of your scheduling your AKfest for the same date as LSAF, now a second year in a row. I sort of felt we were cooperating groups, kindred spirits with the same goals. Especially with that in mind, this is really a big disappointment to me.

June or July runs the chance of bumping in to the stereophile show again not to mention its schools out time up here. Its the consensus of our members that their spouses want a vacation that is not to a stereo show when their children are on vacation.

We much proffered the earlier months of April but were constantly bumping heads with the Montreal show which constantly changes dates. If we choose any earlier dates we ran the risk of losing attendance due to inclement weather in the Midwest. It regularly snows here until well in to April. If we had Texas weather a complete other season would have been chosen.

I am sorry but for the sake of the only show covering the entire east coast and Midwest it must be may.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom