Hacker speakers ls1000d

petecornwall

Hi folks,
I have just taken delivery of a pair of Hacker Floorstanding Speakers, model LS1000D, and was wandering if anyone out there can give me some spec / info on them. I have spent ages trying to research them on the net, but can't find a single website that makes any reference to them.
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who can help.
Best wishes,
Pete.

Hi, yes this is the UK Hacker Company, more famous for their Radio's, and I didn't even know they produced speakers until I came across these. I just can't find info on any Hacker speakers, let alone the model I have here in front of me, which I have now listed on eBay!

Hi, yes this is the UK Hacker Company, more famous for their Radio's, and I didn't even know they produced speakers until I came across these. I just can't find info on any Hacker speakers, let alone the model I have here in front of me, which I have now listed on eBay!

I also had no idea that Hacker made speakers........a pic or two would be nice.......would love to see them.......

Oh dear, oops, I had no idea, never mind, the damage is done :-(

Oh well......

Very unusual speakers.....a close up of the label on the back would be nice....

What is the power handling and the impedence, does it say ?

I wonder if the big drivers are Elac from there unusual shape ?

Rare beasts i would imagine.......Hacker was an expensive brand back in the day........

All it says on the labels is:
Speaker LS1000D
Hacker, Berkshire, England,
Serial number

Yes, simply by virtue of the fact I can't find any info on the net about them, makes me think they must be pretty rare. It's not very often I can't find information on something, but I'm at a dead end here, which is why i joined this group, in the hope someone could throw some light on what breed these speakers are.
Anyway, not too worry, they are presented the best I can on eBay, so its' just a case of waiting to see the outcome.
Happy doings :)

All it says on the labels is:
Speaker LS1000D
Hacker, Berkshire, England,
Serial number

Yes, simply by virtue of the fact I can't find any info on the net about them, makes me think they must be pretty rare. It's not very often I can't find information on something, but I'm at a dead end here, which is why i joined this group, in the hope someone could throw some light on what breed these speakers are.
Anyway, not too worry, they are presented the best I can on eBay, so its' just a case of waiting to see the outcome.
Happy doings :)

This forum is rather north American centered...so the Hacker brand probably is an unknown here for the most part..i only knew of Hacker because i had one of there radios back when i lived in the UK.........

Back
Top Bottom