AK Fest Raffle: Retro Stereo takes home the Tyler Acoustics D4's.

doucanoe

Registered Audio Abuser
I had the time of my life at this years AK Fest. Meeting all the fine folks in person as opposed just on the forums, was a greater experience than I ever would have imagined.

Retro Stereo (Greg) and myself shared a listening room and the whole to-do from trip out, to drive home was just a blast.

Greg had the good fortune of having his ticket pulled and ended up bringing home a beautiful pair of Tyler Acoustics D4 2-ways. Tyler even made his way up to the room afterward for a quick listen after we had them set-up and chat for a spell. The D4's are really something special and Tyler himself, was one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure to meet in this crazy hobby :thmbsp:

Anyway, here are some pics of these fab 2-ways after we got them set up and doing their thing. I will save the best pic. for last.

RC

Attachments

• FEST pics 030 (816 x 612).jpg
    FEST pics 030 (816 x 612).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 95
  • FEST pics 034 (612 x 816) (450 x 600).jpg
    FEST pics 034 (612 x 816) (450 x 600).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 90
  • FEST pics 033 (612 x 816).jpg
    FEST pics 033 (612 x 816).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 80
Here is a pic of Army (Scott) congratulating Retro on his good fortune in the true AK fashion of "All Audio, No Attiude".

Priceless...

:D
RC

Attachments

• FEST pics 035 (816 x 612).jpg
    FEST pics 035 (816 x 612).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 192
Congratulations, Retro!

That's a sweet looking pair of two way speakers. Would like to hear them sometime.

(I swear, next year I am going to make it to AKFEST!)

Here is a pic of Army (Scott) congratulating Retro on his good fortune in the true AK fashion of "All Audio, No Attiude".

Priceless...

RC

As I recall two years ago I received the same congratulations as only best friends can give; after I won BIG :thmbsp:

Naturally this was after Greg was playing those sweet Tylers and rubbing it in a bit how good they are :D

As I recall two years ago I received the same congratulations as only best friends can give; after I won BIG :thmbsp:

Naturally this was after Greg was playing those sweet Tylers and rubbing it in a bit how good they are :D

He sure knows how to rub it in don't he. The bastid :D

RC

I was really liking those speakers when Tyler had them hooked up.

Your a lucky bastid Greg.

I like them there Tyler Acoustics Decade D4s a LOT!

Got em singing right now as a matter of fact.

Oh, and you'll all have to excuse Army's little visual outburst there, I don't think he was "playing with a full violin" at the time......

Retro

Didn't hear the D4s but the big monsters Tyler had going at the Fest were one of my favourites at the show. Last year's towers were also on my favourites list.

Congratulations on your win!

Oh, and you'll all have to excuse Army's little visual outburst there, I don't think he was "playing with a full violin" at the time......

He must have some kind of tourettes syndrome. Here he is saying "Hi" to me a bit later that night...

Attachments

• army.jpg
    army.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 178
I think that is just the standard issue "Good to see ya" greeting in Iowa. ;)

RC

I was just telling Greg and Ray they are both #1 in my book :smoke:

Rotten bastids both, damn I gotta start being pickier whom I call good friends :)

Back
Top Bottom