Wolfmother

maitai

Like Deep Purple/Led Zep/The Who/Hawkwind?

You'll love this. It was released in 2006 but had passed me by until a couple of months ago.

This is good old ROCK. The above are unashamedly their influence and a fine job is done here. After first listening I realised some tracks were familiar from adverts etc. Stand outs are; Woman, Joker and the Thief, Dimension.

The sound quality won't impress, whatever was on the producers mind does not do it for me. However, this album rocks on regardless and is thoroughly enjoyable.

Another good'un from Oz:thmbsp:

LABEL = Universal

th_wolfmother.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff indeed, reminded me of Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) when I first heard it...

Too bad about the break up, but hey, that's Rock n Roll!

Aww man they broke up? I really liked that album. I used to hear them on Sirius, mostly the song Woman. It never really did it for me. I guess it reminded my of the Darkness, who I really don't care for. But playing Rock Band, I ended up really like the Joker and the Thief so I picked up on vinyl. Overall, it's a really good album, but it's pretty expensive and was hard to find.

**** YEAH! this one is the BEST! I really hope rock music starts to sound this way. You really can't beat that '70s sound.

Fun band while they lasted. Saw them at a small venue in Portland a few years back and they were great. Really rocked. Funny thing was that the majority of the crowd were middle aged men wearing what might have been original Zepplin and Black Sabbath t-shirts (not the knock-outs kids get now at Target).

Aww man they broke up? I really liked that album. I used to hear them on Sirius, mostly the song Woman. It never really did it for me. I guess it reminded my of the Darkness, who I really don't care for. But playing Rock Band, I ended up really like the Joker and the Thief so I picked up on vinyl. Overall, it's a really good album, but it's pretty expensive and was hard to find.
How's the sound quality on vinyl?

I think it sounds fantastic and I highly suggest picking it up if you can find it.

Also, while they technically broke up, the lead singer has reformed the band with new members and kept the name. Now we will see how much of it was him and how much it was the other two members...

is there something in the water that i haven`t been drinking? wolfmother blows dog huge. thank jesus that i don`t have to (be forced) listen to "women" on the radio anymore.

Nice, steamy threadcrap there, Kptn.

No one is forcing you to listen to "women" on the radio.

As a general rule, "[INSERT YOUR FAVORITE BAND HERE] SUCKS" posts make the poster look stupid.

Take your rage somewhere else.

Ken

Nice, steamy threadcrap there, Kptn.

No one is forcing you to listen to "women" on the radio.

As a general rule, "[INSERT YOUR FAVORITE BAND HERE] SUCKS" posts make the poster look stupid.

Take your rage somewhere else.

Ken

oh i`m sure that there are many others that might agree with my opinions of music and movies, but maybe they are afraid to post negatively since they do not want to break the "thread clicks", and perhaps not receive help in the other forums. :nono:

sad to have an biased opinion these days..............maybe that also makes the poster look stupid......................

is there something in the water that i haven`t been drinking? wolfmother blows dog huge. thank jesus that i don`t have to (be forced) listen to "women" on the radio anymore. Mike Patton is right..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKDvJTxZDbA

and this is from the guy who covered "I'm Easy" by Lionel Richie and the Commodores? Don't get me wrong, I do like some Faith No More stuff, but Mike Patton has always shown his true colors of being completely self-absorbed. And I cannot stand anything by Mr. Bungle, so I take his opinions with a grain of salt.

I don't much care for the song Woman either, but the rest of the album is quite good.

^^LOL^^

OOOoooo. Look what Mike Patton said.... Seems to me that you can't form your own opinion.

I agree with Kenin. Take it somewhere else.

sorry do disagree with the click, but wolf mother sucks huge.
thats my opinion :tresbon:

These guys are done already?!?!?!?! Damn it!! This was the greatest zeppelin, sabbath band to ever land. These guys brought back rock & roll!!! This is the worst news ever!! This was one of the greatest bands I had stumbled up in the past 10 years!!

Hey CraceBS, they core unit did disband, however the lead singer/guitar player put together a new band under the Wolfmother moniker and has a new album coming out. I haven't heard anything yet, but given that the singer/guitar player is still with the band, I am going to assume it will sound pretty much the same.

Back
Top Bottom