What was Ernie serving this year?

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I remember last year and the Bushmills 16. Once again he didn't disappoint with a bottle of some very smooth whiskey, but I don't remember the name. Anyone here recall what it was. I only remember something about "all the warmth without the flame" or something like that. Maybe I need a couple of the brain cells that I lost.

Lagavulin, 16-year-old Islay single malt.

And, Mr. tentoze, I offered you a pour, you wrinkled up your nose, and asked for a beer. You got a Sleeman Cream Ale, which, if I recall, you enjoyed enough to offer me my first sip of Saint Feuillien, which I enjoyed immensely, thank you.

I don't hate you, but I know how you feel about Scotch, so I forgave you.

Speaking of this fine bottle of scotch. I have the remnants of it here at my house. Ozmoid and I had a wee dram at his house to finish the toast you gentlemen started. I'm saving the last for as long as I can stand it.

Thanks Ernie and all!

Well like most things in my life there is a very wide range of options. Be that a $400 cartridge to a $3000 cartridge or a $100 bottle of scotch versus a $4000 bottle of 42 year old Black Bowmore. There are degrees. Now for all but the most special occasions, uber expensive libations are not needed. I find a nice and most enjoyable scotch or single malt whiskey in the $74 - $125 range offer very good bang for the buck.

Wish I could find something I really like in that range.. I'm not a big scotch person, but love a good whiskey or bourbon... Just don't see too many higher end libations of that caliber in most stores around here.. Bookers seems to be one of the higher end ones, and I'm not sure I would call that all that great... eh.. I guess what do you expect when the state runs the stores...

Sure would have liked a taste of what you had though.. sounds like it must have been pretty special..

I have no clue what it was, but someone poured me a glass (I thought it was a shot)
friday night/saturday morning, it went down "quick" and I believe I may have liked it. :)

Thank you Ernie, (I think)

Lagavulin, 16-year-old Islay single malt.

And, Mr. tentoze, I offered you a pour, you wrinkled up your nose, and asked for a beer. You got a Sleeman Cream Ale, which, if I recall, you enjoyed enough to offer me my first sip of Saint Feuillien, which I enjoyed immensely, thank you.

I don't hate you, but I know how you feel about Scotch, so I forgave you.

Good stuff. I have a friend in the UK that comes every year to an event and brings that and some others. Last year some Lawyer types tried to guzzle his good stuff. He brought it to me with about 8 oz left and said "hide it"

My roommate in my trailer wanted to know where it was the next night but I stopped him and enjoyed it myself. This years event is in a week and I look forward to it.

Kegger, that was half a gill of Lagavulin, about 2.5 oz

'Quick'? It didn't touch the sides on the way down. I'll have to catch you earlier in the evening, next time, if I'm pouring for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom