100-130 wpc receivers, Akai-Yamaha

I know this is a old post, and I didnt check to see if someone else made this suggestion in the other 5 pages, but I found a early 80's (81 I think) Yamaha A-700 for $15 about a year ago at a GW(gotta love thrift stores). I couldn't find a solid set of specs on it, however 3 wattage ratings I did manage to find on it were 90, 110, and 130. I have no idea which, if any are correct, but just thought I would throw that out there.

Technics 110 wpc

Dont forget the Technics SU-V98---both rated at 110 watts per channel into 8 ohm, made in the late 80's too. Circuit New Class A. Made in Japan

Dont forget the Technics SU-V98---both rated at 110 watts per channel into 8 ohm, made in the late 80's too. Circuit New Class A. Made in Japan

How about Denon DRA-1025RA - 125wpc, but 1991. Is that too new to be considered vintage :scratch2:

Denon-DRA-1025RA-front.jpg

Denon-DRA-1025RA-back.jpg

Frank

Hi Bully- I had a late model Technics rated at 100 watts, the Technics SA-1050. Built pretty close to the end of Technics' production, complete with 5.1 surround.

Attachments

• P3170037.jpg
    P3170037.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 33
How come no one has added the Heathkit AR-1650 to the list? The one I have was built in 1981. It was originally rated at 125 wpc.

Larry

Are there any others that should be on the list?

What about the Yamaha CR-3020. Until fairly recently I didn't know there was such a model. I saw one listed on EBay awhile back and if memory serves it was rated at 170 or 180 RMS. The jewel brought 2000 - 3000 $ U.S. . So I quess I'll never own one:tears:

After a second look at the original thread title I understand why this wasn't listed. This thread isn't just for monster receivers, it has a high end rating of 130. My Bad

Welcome to AK!

Mere mention of a CR-3020 removes all the badness in my book. :music: But that's me.

Your stone(?) base TT there in your avatar--if you've got a thread about it, please link. If not please take some pics and post over in the TT section thanks! :D

I also found one oblique and sketchy mention of 100 wpc. Somebody knows. I wanted to know for the same reason, to see if it goes in this thread.

Except that it's too new at 1985-...

magnaplaner

Hi, I just found a Kenwood kr 8050 recever for 20 bucks, hooked it up to some old pioneer 3 ways in the garage and blew out the neighborhood! I did not know that it would sound so great or loud! the wife thougt I was playin the old yamaha '1020' in the family room! She even said it sounded good ,but don't do it again. Thanks for the info, I might use it for some welding.

What about the vaunted SX-1250? I thought that one was well over 100WPC... guess I'm mistaken.

There's a separate thread which includes the 160-WPC SX-1250 and others in that monster class. Mine benched over 180 and I've heard of them doing >200 unmodified... gotta love vintage conservative specs.

Last edited:
New thread about a silver receiver that belongs on the list:

125 wpc --- HH Scott 390R

1979, wow, just right!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom